Chapter 15 - Doll, Huh?

Start from the beginning

"One of them scratched me-"

"But you lit fireworks near them!" she scowls, placing her hands on her hips and Cam immediately copies her, matching her glare.

Hastily, I bring his arm down and nudge him, indicating him to be nice.

"Sorry," he mumbles, hiding his face with a smile playing on his lips.

"Mrs. Jones, could you please lend us your car because I need to see the doctor for my ankle, it's so painful," I whisper to add an effect and Cam crouches down, blowing air on my ankle as if to lessen the pain.

Seriously, how stupid can anyone be?

Slapping his head, I hiss in pain and Mrs. Jones looks at me in worry. "Don't you worry child, I'll bring the car out straightaway myself."

"Thank you," I say earnestly and as she goes inside, I turn to glare at Cam.

"You're an idiot, Ella," he shakes his head, mumbling, "Can't even act believable."

"Shut up, I was the believable one. You were fighting with her!" I say, slapping his chest and at that moment, a brand new Honda Civic, one of their three cars comes out of the garage.

"Thank you so much," I say again, limping towards the front seat with Cam helping me, as Mrs. Jones gets out of the car.

"At least you're helping your sister," she says with a smile, getting Cam all riled up.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he begins indignantly, "she's my sister!"

Five minutes later, we're finally on the road; me being the one who successfully stopped another argument between the two.

"Cam, next time, let me do the talking."

"No. You suck at it."

---

"Dude, get in the car."

My eyes snap up as I realize we're outside Colton's house. The door of the car opens and a bag drops in on the seat, followed by the tattoed guy who almost jumps on the seat, closing the door with a bang.

"Hey, it's not our car, so be careful," I snap at Colton, causing him to look at me in surprise.

I just ignore him and look forward on the road as Cam starts the car.

"You're staying at my place, right?" he asks his best friend.

"For tonight, yes. But I'll have to make other arrangements for a few other nights."

"What? Are you crazy?! I'm not letting you stay at some stranger's place!" Cam says in an irked tone and honks loudly at the person in front of us.

"I have no option! First of all, will your parents let me stay at your place? Because let's face it, I'm not the ideal type of a guy parents like their kids to hang out with. I'm the bad guy always looked down upon," Colton mumbles. I can't help but look behind at him.

His hair is dishevelled and he looks so good in the black t-shirt he's wearing. Does he own anything other than black t-shirts?

Well, they do look good on him...

There's a metal chain in his neck which totally suits his image and just when I think that I'm done staring, he takes out a lighter from his pocket, followed by a cigarette.

My heart pounds in my chest at the familiar sight; I really don't want him to smoke and harm his health.

"Colton, what-what happened to you?" I ask him in a timid voice and thankfully, he lowers the cigarette.

"I got into a huge fight with my family. The usual stuff but a greater scale. And I'm fucking tired to see their faces. So I packed a bag with some of my clothes and left. Just for a few days to cool down."

"Oh..." I say, "So your parents are okay with that?"

"Yes, absolutely! They even gave me their credit cards, told me to go to Vegas and have fun," he snaps sarcastically and runs his hamds through his hair, closing his eyes. "Of course not! They're not okay with it! But they don't exactly have a choice."

"Sorry," I mumble, feeling pity for him.

For almost half of the drive everything is silent, except Colton telling Cam what had happened with him in a low tone, making me more and more curious. I am just able to hear words like 'insomnia', 'therapist', 'my head hurts as fuck' and a few more; I just get from all that is it is something related to his insomnia.

I just don't get what the problem with his family is. Instantly, a protective feeling passes through me strongly and I turn around yet again to face Colton with a grim and serious look.

"Hey, you can stay at our place, okay?"

Colton just stares at me blankly and looks down at his hands, blinking fast and then looks up at me, his eyes moist. He opens his mouth to say something but nothing comes out; the entire time that I'm watching him, I find myself searching his beautiful blue eyes.

"Thank you, doll."

My heart swoons at his words and I smile, until that moment is broken by my wonderful brother.

"Doll, huh?"

****

Hiya! I wrote this entire chapter in one sitting from 8:30 in the morning XD

How was it? Did you like it?

Cam is soooo adorable, isn't he? Of course he is! He's my boyfriend after all ;D An imaginary one, of course... only if he was real...

I need your thoughts guys! And it's almost 160 and a little more votes and then CRAM has 1k votes! Omfg yesss! Love you guys sooo much!

I'm listening to old Bollywood songs and I absolutely LOVE Asha Bhonsle! ♡ Her voice is heaven! I absolutely detest the current Bollywood songs >_< I don't even listen to them anymore. Only old Bollywood ones and English x) #oldiesGoldenEra

Guys, thank you so much those who checked out my book 'Spaces Between Us' :D Love you loads! And thanks again for the feedback :) x

Goals: 35 votes

-Crazy