An Even Odder Encounter

Start from the beginning

This voice was strangely familiar to him, though he was too angry to care as he stormed up to the crowd while one of the boys responded, "oh don't be like that. I'm sure I'm a much better guy than whoever you're waiting...."

He wasn't able to finish his sentence as he feels himself being shoved out of the way while hearing a foreign voice shouting, "get the hell away from her!!!"

The guy was able to regain his footing and now angry, he looks back while shouting, "just what do you think you're...."

He gets cut off by Burchard who shouts back in his face, "she told you to leave her alone so leave her alone!!!"

The guy studies Burchard with confusion but seeming to recognize him, he says, "wait, you're that foreign exchange student!"

Still angry Burchard snaps back, "so what if I am?"

The guy starts to grin as he responds, "well since you are, I'll let you off easy since you don't know how we do things here."

Becoming defensive due to the guys vailed threat, Burchard continues to stand his ground while asking, "what the hell are you talking about?"

The guy replies, "I don't know how you do things in your country but here we ask out girls were interested in."

A bit shocked by the statement, Burchard looks back at him confused while saying, "ask out?"

He look around the group of guys around him while saying, "your literally stoping her from getting away from you, and ignoring her when she asked you to leave her alone. That's not a culture or country thing, that's just called being assholes."

The crowd grows quiet though he was able to feel the anger that they were all feeling towards him but before anyone can make a move, Burchard feels someone grab his arm. Confused by the strangely familiar feel of it, he looks back and who he sees surprises him enough to think, "hang on, she's the girl from yesterday."

He however was unable to dwell on this long as she says loudly, "he is who I'm waiting for!"

The whole area goes quiet until everyone, including Burchard, let out a collective, "huh?"

Undeterred she snaps, "that's right! Now please let us leave, we have an important appointment to attend."

Confused by this new turn of events but realizing he could use this to his advantage, Burchard shakes her hand off his arm then takes her hand and starts guiding her out of the crowd while ignoring the angry eyes and saying, "you heard her, so we shall be going."

A ways down the road and now out of sight of the crowd, Burchard continues to hold the girl's hand until he hears her say in a slightly embarrassed tone, "excuse me?"

Still to focused on getting away, he doesn't comprehend what she said and instead looks at the road ahead until he feels someone yank on his arm while hearing someone shouting, "I said excuse me!!!"

Caught off guard and suddenly remembering what was happening, he stops walking and looks back but to his surprise, sees her standing there with bright red cheeks while he asks, "what is it?"

She glares back at him while snapping, "your hand is sweaty so release mine immediately!!!"

He blinks back at her a few times while trying to figure out what she was talking about but with her words finally clicking and him looking down, he finally sees their still held hands and, in a panic, quickly blurts out, "sorry!!!"