2 - Scary Bitch

in a room full of art, i'd still stare at you

══════✿✿✿══════

I think there is someone in here with me.

And I don't fucking fancy that idea.

Tonight was one of those nights where I couldn't go back to my home, having to sit down in my office and just do a bunch of shit from ordering new books to unpacking recently delivered books to organising them to calculating the financial shit and whatnot.

You get the gist.

But this time it's the first time I have felt a presence in the library other than my own, and that does not fucking sit right with me.

I knew I shouldn't have turned off all the lights in this place, but what could I do? The electricity bill has increased compared to last month and I am all about saving money.

Sometimes I wish I was the richest fucking man on earth.

I already had a doubt someone was in here when I heard what could be considered as a barely audible giggle, but I brushed it off as the wind.

Yeah, just blame everything on the fucking wind. Life problems solved.

But now, I could hear snores.

What has this night become?

I now decided to be the stupid blonde bitch in every horror film and grabbed my torch before going out to see the source of the noise, even though my stomach is churning faster than the machines in sausage factories.

I should have brought my phone out here with me. Now I actually feel like a stupid blonde bitch.

Walking deeper into the main part of the library, the snores which I was previously hearing got louder. I followed the sound until I stopped at the very end of the library where the tallest bookshelves were at.

I looked down in between the bookshelves and surely, someone was napping there.

What the fuck.

Upon getting a closer look, I realised that the person was a girl. She was scrunched up uncomfortably in between the bookshelves and I am not even going to question how she managed to fit there.

Her legs were up to her chest and a book sat open in between. Her neck was tilted in an uncomfortable position as soft snores left her mouth, her black wavy hair covering her face.