"You are invited Master Bruce?" Alfred asked, confused.

"Burton asked to see me", I explained.

"Why would Mr. Crown ask to see you in person?" Alfred questioned.

"I don't know", I replied honestly. I haven't speak to him in years. "But I'm going to find out."

The next day I went to the Crowns by agreement. It was late in the afternoon as I stood in the hallway of the Crown Manor and waited for Burton to receive me.

"Mr. Crown isn't home at the moment", the maid informed.

"It's fine. I'll receive him", a familiar, soft female voice spoke from the top of the grand staircase. I didn't recognize it at first.

"As you wish Miss", the maid said and retreated. I immediately looked up. My eyes widened in surprise.

"You found me." She smiled coming down the stairs, wearing a summer dress.

"Or you found me", I mumbled to myself. I should have known. The signs were in front of me and I chose to ignore them. I don't understand why.

"It didn't take you too long. Let me escort you to the study? He'll be home soon?" She offered and explained. "Something at work made him stay late."

I nodded my head in acceptance and followed her. Something about her was different. I couldn't help but to notice.

Suddenly she stopped in middle of the hallway and asked me. "Are you alright? You don't speak much."

"I'm not a talkative person", I replied. I should have known she's a Crown. She gave more than her name.

"Perhaps you didn't find the right people." Her words surprised me and also made me think.

"Here we are", she announced at the doorstep of the study.

"You are not going to enter?" I asked. I noticed she behaved differently than that night. Her body language and carefully choosing her next words.

"I wasn't planning to... But I could keep you company for a few more minutes?"

"I would like that", I said.

"Would you? Why do I have a feeling that's not entirely true?" She looked into my eyes and said.

My eyes widened as we entered the room.

She noticed I was looking around the room. "I honestly don't know why he needs this much furniture."

"It's totally unnecessary. Unless he's planning to intimidate his business partners and associates, executing them, cutting off their heads and putting them on display."

I burst into laughter. "I'm not trying to afraid youー"

"I'm not afraid", I interrupted, a hand covering the smile on my face. I don't remember when was the last time I smiled.

"You do look like a person who isn't afraid of anything", she stated. I'm a huge guy.

"Everyone is afraid of something", I said but she already knew that.

"What are you afraid of?" She asked me.

"Many things", I replied.

"Not much of an answer", she smiled. "I would go with heights, fire, water... You know, the usual things."

"What are you afraid of?" I asked, wanting to know.

"Only one thing."

"Not much of an answer", I said, a bit disappointed.