Pot noodles, Radioactive socks and Landlords

"Yo, can I crash at your place?" 

Aurelia stood in the doorway of Ruya's shabby, cluttered fourth-story apartment, holding a steaming cup of pot noodles in her left hand and a futon under her right arm. 

At first, Ruya didn't recognize her. "Who the hell are you?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion as she took in the disheveled appearance of the woman (who she assumed was homeless) standing in her doorway.  She had dark blonde, knotted hair that partially fell over her weirdly familiar, unsettling blue eyes. 

"Walter White," the woman replied, and Ruya blinked, her eyes widening in recognition. 

"AURELIA! You cunt!" she exclaimed, stepping aside to let her into the living room/kitchenette area. "You look like a fucking rat, how did you know where I lived?" 

Aurelia shrugged, opening her mouth to speak, but before she could get a word in, the bathroom door swung open to reveal a six-foot-something man with a dark brown, curly mullet, a hitler-stache, and no clothes on save for a pair of boxers and radioactive-looking socks. 

"Babe, who's this?" he asked in a deep baritone, his hair damp and dripping water onto his muscular shoulders, the image reminding Aurelia of a poodle soaked in the rain. No fucking way. 

"Beren?" Aurelia asked incredulously, taking a sip of her cheese and mushroom pot noodles. "Why are you built like a brick shithouse? And why are you a man?" 

Beren's eyebrows shot up, so high they were concealed by his fringe. "Aurelia? Damn, dude, you look like shit." 

"Thanks," Aurelia grumbled, letting her mattress fall to the ground at her feet. "You've been working out." 

"Four years on T," Beren informed her, puffing out his chest proudly. "What's with the mattress?" 

"I'm staying with y'all," Aurelia announced, handing Ruya her half-empty pot noodles. "Your landlord won't mind, hmm?" 

"Aiza is our landlord, bro, how do you think we've been able to afford this place?" Ruya interjected, scrunching up her nose and throwing the pot noodles in the bin.

"I always fucking knew Aiza would come in clutch," Aurelia muttered, sprawling herself out on the mangled, red couch in the corner of the room. "Don't worry, I'll get a job and we'll split the rent." 

Ruya and Beren exchanged a meaningful glance, then looked back at Aurelia. It was better than getting kicked out by Aiza, who was by now growing tired of them ritualistically failing to pay the rent on time. 

"Fine," they agreed in unison.