I'm here

Dizzy, Panikattack, Lollipop.

Carina had never been one to panik easily. She had never cryed when someone screamed at her, she had never run away when she was afraid. That wasn't something she was proud of, but more something she learned in years of living with her father.

The fluorescent lights of the hospital corridor flickered overhead as Carina DeLuca hurried through the bustling emergency department. It had been a hectic shift, filled with one emergency after another, and Carina had barely had a moment to catch her breath,  but she pushed the discomfort aside, focusing on her patients' needs.

However, as the hours wore on, Carina began to feel lightheaded and dizzy, her vision blurring at the edges. She shook her head, trying to shake off the sensation, but it only seemed to intensify. Panic crept into her chest as she stumbled slightly, her heart racing with fear.

"Carina, are you okay?" Maya's voice cut through the haze of Carina's panic, her concerned eyes locking onto Carina's pale face. She had just delivered a patient and wanted to see Carina for a second, but now she was concerned.

Carina forced a smile, trying to brush off Maya's concern. "I'm fine, Maya," she replied, her voice sounding weak even to her own ears. "Just a little dizzy, that's all."

But Maya wasn't convinced. She could see the fear in Carina's eyes, the way her hands trembled slightly as she spoke. Without hesitation, Maya took Carina by the arm, guiding her to a nearby break room and urging her to sit down.

"Carina, you need to eat something," Maya said firmly, her voice tinged with worry. "You're not going to be any good to your patients if you pass out from hunger."

Carina nodded weakly, her head spinning with dizziness as she reached for something. "I only have this lollypop, a patient gave them to us. But i can get you something else. " "No. Stay." Carina took the lolly but the room still spun around her, and her heart continued to race erratically in her chest.

Suddenly, a wave of panic washed over Carina, her breath coming in short, ragged gasps as her chest tightened with fear. She clutched at her chest, her vision swimming as she struggled to catch her breath. She took the lolly out of her mouth, and because of her trembeling hands it dropped on the floor.

"Carina, look at me," Maya's voice broke through the fog of Carina's panic, her hands gentle but firm as she took Carina's face in her hands, forcing her to make eye contact. "You're having a panic attack, okay? You're not dying, you're not having a heart attack. It's just a panic attack."

Tears welled up in Carina's eyes as she struggled to control her breathing, her chest heaving with each labored breath. She felt overwhelmed by fear and confusion, unable to shake the feeling that something was seriously wrong with her.

Maya knelt beside Carina, wrapping her arms around her and holding her close. "Listen to my voice, Carina," she whispered, her voice soothing and reassuring. "You're safe, you're not alone. I'm right here with you, okay? Just focus on your breathing, in and out, nice and slow."

Slowly, gradually, Carina's breathing began to steady, her heart rate returning to normal as Maya's calming presence anchored her in the present moment. She leaned into Maya's embrace, feeling the warmth and strength of her partner's love surrounding her like a protective cocoon.

As the panic attack subsided, Carina felt a wave of exhaustion wash over her, her body feeling heavy and drained from the ordeal. Maya helped her to lie down on a nearby couch, tucking a blanket around her shoulders and sitting beside her, offering comfort and support. "I will get you something propper to eat. And throw this one out. Its all dirty." She picked up the lollypop. Carina nodded. "It did taste good though." She said weakly. "Okay. Don't fall asleep until i'm back."

Maya got her a sandwich and bottle of water from the wendingmachine. And a new Lollypop.

For the rest of their shift, Maya stayed by Carina's side, offering words of encouragement and reassurance whenever Carina's anxiety threatened to overwhelm her. And for some reason suckling on the lollypop was oddly comforting, too.