Chapter 2: First Day

"JOHN, WAKE UP. YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE FOR SCHOOL, " a young girl's voice exclaimed as she was waking her brother up by hitting him with a pillow on the girl's grasp

"Alright, alright, I'm up, you little annoying brat," John replied while rubbing his eyes and stretching his arms out. "I better get going now," He said, then goes to grab his stuff and towel before heading towards the shower room. Leaving his sister alone to his room.

John is a 20 year old, living in Los Angeles along with her 17 year old younger sister Ava and his mother Claire. He is also a freshman in college whose first day at the academy. He is a smart one, but he is not like other boys in his age. He always dreams of getting behind the wheel of a car and race through the famous tracks of the world. He wants to follow Ivan, his father's footsteps who is a racer but his mother Claire, is different. She wants John to pursue engineering and be a successful engineer someday. Despite the challenges they face through their life, they always overcome the situations. 

As John finished showering, he immediately put on his uniform and packed his stuff he'll need for the first day in college. He comes down to the kitchen, seeing her mother preparing for their breakfast and his sister eating up.

"Hi Mom, good morning," John said as he pulled a chair and sat down.

"Good morning, dear. You must be excited for your first day?" His mom replied.

"Yeah, I probably woke up late because of excitement," He exclaims as he waits for his breakfast.

"Or you woke up late because you are still up late and watching movies," Ava answered while scrolling through her phone.

"Shut up, you annoying brat," John replied to her with annoyance. Her sister replied with a tongue stick out, which makes him more annoyed as he glares at her sister.

"Alright, enough of your fight or you two will receive a smack," Their mother said , making them both look away in annoyance at each other.

30 minutes later, they are all done eating, and John stands up to prepare on his way to school

"Bye, Mom, I'll be going now!" John exclaimed as he exited towards the door.

"Ok, sweetie, take care!" Her mom replied while fixing the dishes with Ava. 

Ava's class is next week. While still in the house, she helps her mother to do household chores. Although sometimes she's a little lazy to that task. 

As John walked through their neighborhood, he was greeted by his neighbors as he walked past through houses. After walking for a while, he reached the waiting station for the bus and waited for a bus to arrive. As he waits patiently, he is greeted by his friends (more like a crew), Jack, John's tech-savvy friend who always get to trouble because of his hacking skills. Anne, John's pretty and smart friend who also had some tiny crush for her friend John. Then here comes, Liam, the genius one and always love to experiment and invent things. They grew up together in the neighborhood since they were in kindergarten and their bond is stronger like no one else could separate them.

"Good morning, John. Must be excited for our 1st day in college, yeah?" Liam exclaimed as he greets John and sits beside him

"Yeah, Maybe. Its just, its college and its going to be a challenge for us" John replied nervously as he looks at Liam.

"Pffftttt, we can go through this school year and besides we can go through this because we have a genius friend here who can help us. Isn't that right, Liam?" Jack said as he nudges and tease Liam.