chapter 27

Saphire Pov 

The next few weeks flew by, and spending all day with Ashley was like a dream; I didn't even know it was possible to dream. But of course, what dream without reality? My mom and the baroness were coming back tomorrow.

I stared at the letter, praying that she would be back tomorrow and I could get an explanation. 

I felt arms wrap around my waist. 

"Relax, baby. She will be here tomorrow, and you'll understand more". 

I looked down at the letter again before sighing loudly as I folded it back up.

"I know it's just that, what if she doesn't come back tomorrow? Do I listen to her and move on after finally getting her back? What does she mean by what they wanted with me, and what does my dad have to" 

"Baby, you are overthinking this. She will be back." she interrupts me by putting her finger to my lips. 

I sighed again, relaxing she was right; I was overthinking it. 

"I know you're right. I am happy for the first time in so long, and I don't want it to end". 

"It won't, baby, I won't let that happen. I love you so much not to see you happy."

I smiled; she was so cute when she Was cheesy.

"Thank you. You always know what to say." 

she pecked me on the lips with a hum

"come on, it's our last day without our parents." 

"Okay, what's the plan."

she grabbed my hands 

"Well, I was thinking that since our parents will be here tomorrow, we will give you a family day where we can hang out with your brothers." 

She heavily emphasized the place where our parents would be there. 

I nodded, and she smiled. 

God, that smile. 

"Okay, perfect, let's go." 

she led me to the dining room, where I found my two brothers talking about life. 

Ashley whispered, "Go sit with them while I grab something." 

I nodded and walked over to them. 

They noticed my presence and immediately got up to give me a hug. It was a new habit they both adopted. I think after being separated again, they were scared it would happen again. I grin as we sit back down. 

I sat down on the opposite side of their table, leaving a spot for Ashley next to me. 

"so what are we doing? ing," I ask 

They both shrugged their shoulders. 

"Not sure, Ashley just told us to be her at this time," Radiancee replied 

Oh, so it was a surprise for all of us.

 "speaking of Ashley, how is she," he asked with a huge grin

"Good, she good," I answered back 

"I am glad; I can't even remember the last you were this happy." 

I frown at the thought of the prison, but I shake it off 

"me too; she is the best thing that's ever happened." 

Alex frowned, looking down slightly. RadiRadiancell probably had no idea what was happening but chose to stay quiet. 

"you know, they made us watch what they did to you."

this made my head snap up 

"They did."  

"yeah, It was hard to watch the things they made you do, to stop them from hurting us; I didn't even know until, well, until-" 

He squeezed his eyes shut to prevent tears from falling.

I put my hand over his

"It's okay, you okay." 

he looked at my hand, and a small smile formed on his lips 

"Thank you." 

I gave him a soft smile. 

He feels guilty when it hits me; he blames himself for everything we went through. 

"It's not your fault; I don't blame anyone besides the warden." 

I tell him, being completely honest. 

"After we escaped and separated, I blamed myself; you were so strong for us, even for Ben. I could see it every time they forced me to watch you; I could see the strength in your eye; I watched them beat you or them threatening to beat us every time you made a mistake; I saw them break you over and over again, for years, I never thought I would see you this happy."

I squeezed his hand tighter. "It's okay. I am alive because of you, Ben, Radiance, and even Mom. You are the reason for my survival, my will to live."   

We spent the next few moments chit-chatting. I mainly tried to include Radiacne since he doesn't remember anything. 

Clicks in the hallway could be heard; I smiled. It was Ashley

"Sorry it took so long; the tablet was slow,"  she said, showing us a pretty good-sized tablet.

I just nodded 

"So what are we all doing here? "Radiancee asked, smiling like she knew a secret. Well, after doing some research, I mean, I had a conversation with your mom before she left, and she told me you're your favorite thing to do together." 

I was confused; we did so many things together growing up. 

she put the tablet in between, and the game started to load; I looked over at Alex, and his face lit up, meaning he knew what was happening. 

Radiance had a look of family on his face. 

"Well, your mom told you your favorite game was called Stick Man Party (a real game, by the way, you should play it; it is great) or, as you guys called it, Stick Man, or SMP." She snicked at the names we used to call our favorite game.

I gasped. I love this game. We played it practically every night, but we only ever played it outside on our front grass. We laid a blanket on top of it. She smiled at my reaction, and Alex looked like he was going to cry. 

but before anyone could say anything 

 I yelled, "Dibs red." 

Alex rolled his eyes. "Of course, you call red" 

"what is this? I know I have seen it but can't remember where," RadiRadianceed.

"Stick Man was our favorite game growing up. It can be up to 4 players, and there is either adventure or tournament; you play four-player mini-games; it is so much fun, but everyone has a different color so that we can tell who is who."

 "all right, let's start; get ready to get destroyed,"  Alex says 

I chuckle. "Bring it; if I remember correctly, which I do (not by choice), I always won." 

he smiled, "That was when we were younger. Times have changed." 

"all right, prove it; let's play a tournament?" 

"only if it times 9" 

"oh, you're so going down."

We spent the rest of the day, playing, we had to teach ashley a bit, but radiRadiance just as good as i remember him being, its like her never forgot, he still loved sabotoging. Alex stayed the same, just barely coming second against me, looser. 

A/N, thank you so much for staying with me; please leave comments and votes, and also let me know if there is something specific you want to see. As always grammar and errors