❦ 003 ❦

⎯⎯ ୨ chapter three ୧ ⎯⎯

the group arrived at the police station, all sitting in the waiting room while jess was inside for questioning.

erica grew nervous. if she was questioned too, she wouldn't know what to say about the murder that happened last night, even though she knew way too much about it.

however, her father would be the one questioning her along with another officer, and maybe he'd send her a cue not to say certain things or so.

"nervous, eric?" evan taunted. erica side glanced him and stopped bouncing her leg. "i've got nothing to be nervous of." erica told him confidently.

"your leg says otherwise." evan shrugged. "ugh, who would even do such a thing? it's sick!" gabby commented, staring at the photo of the woman's dead body hung up on rightmart again.

"she deserved it." erica blurted out. her friends gave her a weird look, and erica widened her eyes. "i mean, i only say it because she's always a bitch at the diner." erica explained.

"true." yulia agreed. erica silently exhaled in relief as she noticed the group shook it off.

jess walked out, followed by sherif newlon. he eyed his daughter. "mrs. slater? can i speak with you for a moment?" he asked with a smile.

erica nodded and walked over to her dad, and followed him into his office where a detective sat. "detective, can you give us a moment?" he asked the man. to which he replied, "yes." and he walked out, shutting the door behind him.

"alright, listen. your friends are clueless. jess said she'll try to find whatever she can and report whoever is suspicious. so you better watch yourself." her father warned her in a low voice, pointing a stern finger at her.

"why? i'm careful enough." erica assured. "no, i'm saying you need to be extra careful because you're doing the next kill." he whispered. erica's brows furrowed. "dad, i can't!" she refused and shook her head.

"listen to me, erica! you already agreed to do this, there's no way out. don't you want revenge? those little dipshits tried to leave you that night when you couldn't help yourself." eric scolded her.

"fine. who is it? when do i have to do it and how?" erica grumbled. "the security guard. the one that ditched rightmart last year because he was too much of a pussy to be a security guard. tonight, you have to get it done swiftly. and how you do it? that's for you to decide. be creative. impress me." eric grinned and concluded their conversation.

"okay, i will. i love you." erica stood up from the chair and gave her dad a brief hug. "love you too. remember to be careful, erica." he warned again.

she nodded and walked out of the office, watching her friends stand up from their chairs in the waiting room, stretching their arms and legs from waiting so long for jess and erica.

"ready?" asked jess. erica nodded. "what'd he ask you?" gabby wondered. "just things like— if i knew anyone involved with that night and if i can try and keep and eye out for anyone weird." erica addressed, sounding unsure of herself since she had to make up a lie on the spot.

⎯⎯ ୨ an hour later ୧ ⎯⎯

erica was out with ramona, shopping for ramona's date with her soon-to-be-boyfriend, brian.

"i think you'll look good in something red." erica suggested and looked around the shop for anything red.

"you think? brian said he likes me in blue." ramona hummed in wonder. "who gives a shit what he likes you in? you guys aren't even dating yet. but if that's what you want to do, do it." erica convinced the girl.