wearing her hoodie

"Chanelle? Chanelle, are you awake?" You whispered in the dark room.

You waited to see if she'd say anything back to you but you weren't at all surprised to hear only silence in return.

You rubbed your arms in hopes that it would help warm you up.

Feeling a chill rush over your shoulders and move all the way down your arms, you shivered unbearably.

You're staying at Chanelle's tonight.

It's not the first time you've stayed over in the several months you've spent together but you didn't plan on staying tonight originally.

But you spent the entire day with her after being so busy that you didn't have much time with her this week and you were too exhausted to drive home, so Chanelle had you stay over again tonight.

Unfortunately, your unexpected stay meant that you didn't have much of anything with you other than the sweats and the tank top you wore over, and now, you're feeling cold.

Chanelle has tossed and turned in her sleep so she's hogging most of the blankets you planned to share.

Both of you were exhausted from long and busy days lately, you didn't want to wake her unless absolutely necessary and decided to solve the problem yourself.

You got out of bed and went across the floor to her closet.

It was dark so you couldn't see too much and you just randomly reached for something long-sleeved and fluffy.

Pulling it off the hanger, you tossed your tank top onto the floor and pulled her hoodie over your head instead.

You felt an instant rush of warmth flood over you as soon as it was on all the way; both from how warm the fabric was and from Chanelle's arms wrapped around you as she snuck up behind you.

"Chanelle!" You gasped before turning around to face her.

Knowing her light switch was nearby, you blindly felt around for it on the wall before flipping it on.

"Oh," Chanelle groaned as soon as the light hit her tired eyes.

"Sorry. I just wanted to see you. You startled me."

"I didn't mean to, darling. I'm sorry." She said as she wrapped you in her arms and pulled you closer. "I just woke up and you weren't there. But I know why now."

Her eyes sparkled as she stared at you, taking in the way you looked in her hoodie.

"That's one of my favorite hoodies." She said as she looked you up and down with a smile.

"Oh, do you want me to take it off?"

"No. Never." She said as her eyes met yours again, her gaze so adoring and full of stars. "I love it even more on you. You look breathtaking."

Her lips brushed against your cheek softly and when you smiled brightly, she couldn't help but do the same against your skin.

She peppered kisses across your face and held you a little tighter as your heart fluttered in your chest.

"I love you, cutie," She said as she kissed your forehead.

"I love you too."

"Come on, let's get back to sleep." She said and turned the light off before taking your hand and pulling you back to the bed.

You climbed in beside her and she gave you a soft kiss before wrapping you in her arms, making you feel even warmer than you already were.