As we created these precious memories, I prayed that our future would change a little. I like you a lot, so please don't hate me too much.

I sang him a lullaby as I gently stroked Alex's dark blue hair, which resembled the night sky.

"Please take a moment to sleep. If we don't return by tomorrow, Theo will come and find us."

"I'm sorry. I thought you might be crying alone."

I had almost considered him to be a bit of a nuisance, but I decided to gratefully accept his kindness since he had worked so hard to come running to me.

While dealing with this unexpected incident, I had become much more comfortable using magic. I now had the confidence that I would be able to fly into the sky and escape if someone picked a fight with me after I entered the palace.

"Thank you for coming to get me." I was calm and serene, but Alex was not. He reached his hand out towards me with seemingly sad eyes.

"I was terrified..."

Alex's hand was trembling slightly. Had he been afraid that something would happen to me? Or maybe he had been afraid of the situation earlier where the magic beasts had swarmed towards us?

His hand had gone cold. I clasped it tightly and softly stroked his hair.

"Afraid of what? Your Highness, there's no need to be afraid of anything."

He wasn't a villain like me. He was a main character whose victory was practically assured. Even if I didn't know anything else, I could guarantee that one thing.

I held his trembling hand tightly. Alex placed his head on my lap and closed his eyes.

Bathed in an orange glow, the fire crackled and the sound of pouring rain accompanied the darkness as it crept in.

While watching Alex sleep, I also started to nod off.

"Ciel."

When did the sound of the rain die away? Feeling the presence of someone else, I opened my eyes. Once they were open I could see a long shadow being cast from the entrance of the cave. Theo had come to find us.

"Did I come here for no reason?"

"Brother too..."

Alex was still sound asleep. Right after I woke up I put my hand on his forehead and, fortunately, he wasn't feverish. Suddenly the rain clouds parted, revealing a golden moon that shone like my hair.

Theo diverted the water flowing from the mouth of the cave to the side and then brushed my mud-caked hair back.

"I didn't know that the falling rain would drive away the magic beasts."

Theo was adept in offensive magic. From his perspective the magic I used must have seemed strange.

"It was my fault for destroying the magic beasts' home in the first place..."

"Magic beasts are dangerous existances that cause harm to humans. I'm worried that your wayward sense of compassion will end up hurting you."

He could have worded that a bit nicer. But the bottom line was that he was worried about me.

It was my fault for having a brother who couldn't be honest in the first place.

My body ached from sleeping in such a cold place. I needed to return to the residence quickly, so I decided to wake Alex up.

"Your Highness, please wake up."

My lap must have been pretty comfortable because Alex grasped my hand tightly and made no effort to get up.