Chapter 13

Third P.O.V.

Everyone was at Driftmark staring at Laena's coffin that was soon going to be put in the water. They were all listening to Vaemond Velaryon, Laena's uncle talk. Aerion had his head down with silent tears as his children cling to but also staring at their mother's coffin.

"She leaves behind eight trueborn children." Vaemond spoke softly.

That's when a chuckle is heard and they all turned to Daemon. Aerion clenched his fists at his disrespectful uncle. Soon they all watch as the coffin falls towards the sea where she'll rest with the rest of her ancestors.

Everyone moves to a balcony except Aerion and Laenor. The two men were dealing with the loss of not just a sister but a wife. Aerion sits on the beach and Laenor stands in the sea saying that being there made him feel closer to his sister.

Rhaenyra was telling her boys to go comfort their cousins as in hopes to be in the good graces of her brother so he'd take her as a wife. Lyra and Alicent were watching over them with the help of Rhaenys who smiled at the women.

"Where's my father?" Saenya asks.

"I don't know. But let's leave your father to grieve." Rhaenys said softly.

She looks to guard, commanding him to find Aerion. He leaves instantly, going to find the heir.

"Let's go lay down. You've all had a long day." Lyra told them softly.

"I'm going to bed Aemma." Viserys said to Lyra causing tears to show.

"Should I look after Queen Lyra, Your Grace?" Westerling asks, making sure to emphasize Lyra's name.

"No, you have the night-watch." Viserys said before heading inside.

Lyra, Alicent, and Rhaenys lead Aerion's children inside to lay down. The guard found Aerion and brought him to his rooms. Lyra was told that the guard found him and commanded the guard to make sure no one but her(Lyra), Alicent, Rhaenys and his children were allowed in.

Rhaenyra tried so many times that another guard had to take her away. He ignored her pleas that, Aerion was her brother. All the guards knew she was trying to get in her brother's pants and made sure to keep her as far as away from him.

*Time skip*

"Monty!" Baela's voice calls for her brother who was sleeping.

"What's wrong?" Monterys asks.

"We overheard Jace and Luke say they were going to attack Aemond." Rhaena said softly.

"Shit!" Monterys exclaimed moving the blankets and got off the bed.

"Inform both Rhaenys and Lyra along with auntie Alicent." Monterys told them. "I'm going to try to save Aemond." 

"And I'm going to help you." Saenya told her twin.

"I can't let you do that. Take both Rhaena and Baela to grandma and auntie Alicent." Monterys said.

"Fine." Saenya said before leading her sisters to their grandmother's and Alicent. Monterys went to go find both Aegon and Valaegon who he woke up to go to save Aemond. 

"So what exactly are we doing?" Valaegon asks.

"We are saving our uncle from our stupid bastard cousins." Monterys hissed. "Because they want to attack him. Reasoning, I have no idea." 

"Well let's go save my brother." Aegon said and they rush to find Aemond.

They soon heard a scuffle and rush to see both Lucerys and Jacaerys teaming up against Aemond.