Chapter 1

"Uncle! Please let go of me. "

I was crying to Baron Vestrine to let go of my hand.
Looking back at the station guard we just left, I begged for help.

"Please, help me! Help me, sir! "

But those people just looked at me and turned away.

Just a few moments ago, they were trying to help me until they got to know who I was.

When they saw Baron Vestrine dragging me like this even though I told them what he did to me and my mother, they did not do anything.

The look of worry instantly turned into indifference and ignorance.

I was dragged all the way to the carriage and was thrown into it.

The carriage started and we were to a whole different place.

"Uncle... where are we? Please don't do this and help my mother. She is suffering in the house."

I looked at the carriage taking a complete different road. It was a road completely different to what I know.

Despite my pleads, Baron Vestrine did not say anything and just smiled meaningfully at me.

I was scared, the door of the carriage was locked and I could not do anything to him because he was stronger than me.

'Why were they just standing there and not doing anything? '

I recalled the guards that I went to seek for help but was ignored later on.

"What is your name, miss? "

"Maya, Maya Vestrine. "

As soon as I told my name to the head of the guards, he paused for a moment before speaking again.

"Please rest assure, we'll do what comes to hand."

He reassured me that he would help but immediately turned his back when Baron Vestrine came.

It was like he remembered something and then acted as if everything was normal.

After few minutes, I could see a large villa in the corner of the road. The place was quiet and silent and was surrounded by a few guards.

"Maya."

Finally, my uncle opened his mouth which had been tightly closed until now.

He smiled at me before saying.

"Thank you for being alive. My son can relax now."

"Huh? "

I was dumbfounded by his strange words. But the ominous feeling I felt from his smile made me sweat buckets.

Before I could open my mouth to ask what he meant, the carriage stopped and we arrived in front of the villa.

"What? Where are you taking me?! "

I was pulled out of the carriage without a warning. Baron Vestrine was still sitting in the carriage and signaled the knights to move.

"Please take her to my son properly."

Leaving those words behind, he left with his carriage.

I was forcibly dragged inside the villa.

"Where are you taking me? Please tell. "

I asked in a hurry as I was scared by all the events unfolding before me.

As I was trying to free myself from their grasps, we stopped in front of a room.

One of the knights knocked on the closed door.

"Young master, we've bought the miss here. "

The other knight was still holding me tight while telling me to keep quiet.

"You better not do anything stupid. "

He whispered to me before both the knights snickered while looking at each other.

I had no idea what they were laughing about and telling me to do.

"Come in. "

A hoarse voice came from the other side of the door and I was pushed inside the room by the open door.

I looked around the dark room, groaning by the pain of the sudden push by the knights.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of water pouring in a glass. I immediately looked towards the direction of the sound coming from.

Through the dim light of the moonlight, I could see a figure sitting leisurely on the bedside.

Then that figure stood up from its seat and appeoached me.

I was surprised by the sudden movement towards me and took a few steps back.

"Maya, you're finally here. "

But as soon as I heard the familiar voice, I stopped on my place and looked closely at the man in front.

"What a pleasure to meet you like this. "

He took a few more step forward and I saw his face much more clearly than before.

My eyes widened at the face that was in front of me.

"Harun?! What are you doing here? "

I stepped forward and looked at Harun with a shocked face.

Violet eyes and those dark green hairs, it was definitely Harun.

We were cousins from teh same family. He was the son of my mother's brother, my uncle.

I was happy to see him after so long, but the situation was different now.

"Tell me that later. Please help me, Harun. Mother is in danger. "

I grabbed him by his arms and shook him. I know that uncle don't like me and my mom but he would surely help if his son says so.

'And Harun would surely help us. '

Me and Harun were like friends since we were small. He would always come to our house in secret and play with me.

He was also in good terms with mother.

I tried to tell him all the things that happened till now and was about to ask for his help again but was stoped in the middle.

"Stop it. I know that already. "

I looked at him with surprised look.

"Then let's not waste our time and help mother, otherwise--"

"Why to help her when you know she can't be saved? "

But before I could complete what I was speaking about, I was interrupted in between.

"What? "

I asked him to speak again as I thought I heard him wrong.

"Just leave it. I got to know that the house was in a huge fire and she was trapped inside. It's useless to try and save her when you already know what would have happened to her till now."

I was I disbelief at his heartless words and took a few steps back from him. What was he speaking? Is he mad or what?!

"Why are saying something like this? Mother will be saved if we help her immediately. I did not had the power to help her myself, so I'm asking you to help. "

But Harun just stood there while looking as if asking 'What's wrong?'