rescued

🎵 𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆: we made it. - DAVID HUGO 🎵

━━━━━━━━━━

T.W. implied abuse (?)

━━━━━━━━━━

W.C. 1.9k

━━━━━━━━━━

cold, bare walls surround a suffocatingly narrow hallway, an eerie aura drifts from wall to wall as thin, gray pieces of wood lay scattered about on the concrete ground. shining a flashlight in the midst of the darkness, being sure to advance with the utmost caution, suguru geto found himself confronted with a wooden frame segmented into vertically upright rectangles that were punched out. and this is supposed to be a door?, he skeptically questioned. behind the door were two girls, faces contorted with fear, hoping — desperately praying that geto wasn't another one of those monsters.

a piercing hatred ignites within him as he grapples with his internal emotions. from what he was told, the girls in front of him were sorcerers, and, if nothing else, the village chief wanted them gone. only one question remained: do I take them home or do I leave them somewhere?

taking them in was most definitely an option but he wasn't sure how satoru and the rest of the gang would react. this uncertainty arising within him attempted to swallow him whole, and, for the most part, it succeeded. but another aspect which would greatly influence his decision was the unpredictability of their work. after all, it wasn't rare to hear the group being sent out on dangerous missions back to back, day after day. no one could guarantee anyone's future much less raise two kids.
that was the first option. the second....well let's just say suguru refused to even consider it. he had too kind a heart to put any time in the thought of abandoning them.

geto slowly approached the door and squatted down, becoming eye-level with the girls. "hi girls. I know how frightened you must be", he began, aiming to comfort and soothe the girls "but I'm not here to hurt you." the very one sided conversation drifted off into somewhat of an uncomfortable silence.

"would it be okay if you told me your names?" geto softly inquired.

after a bit of hesitant silence one of the girls answered, "I'm nanako and she's mimiko." being sure to carefully consider his reply, geto asked "what do you guys like? do you want some candy?"

"do you have any water?" mimiko whispered through dry lips.

geto reached into his pocket and pulled out a canister filled with liquid that sloshed around at the slightest movement; promptly handing it to Mimiko through the degrading wooden bars. "here, drink up."

after both of the girls had drank their fill, geto made a proposal. "would the two of you like to go home with me?" he had been battling with himself for quite a bit — the entire time actually. ever since he laid eyes on them, he felt this inclination. this inclination to take care of them, to caress them and raise them like his own, to....to....ah who was he kidding. gojo had always joked with everyone about how motherly he was. he couldn't help it, honest. it was just his nature. but this time his maternal nature was put to good use. and he was glad.