I was preparing a strong cup of coffee in the kitchen, hoping not to be bothered as I tried to recover from the lack of sleep I'd gotten. That was until a familiar, agitating voice sounded in my ears "Y/n! Good morning!" I ran a tired hand down my face as he joined me in the kitchen. "Gojo." Where was this man getting the energy? "You don't look too good." He commented, genuine concern hidden behind his usual facade. "I'm fine, just had a rough night." I gestured to the kettle, silently asking if he wanted anything. "While you're at it, a tea would be nice. I don't really like coffee." I simply nodded as I prepared him a cup of hot water, letting him pick the flavour himself.

The rest of the day was filled with small missions, getting called from every corner of Tokyo for inconveniences people were having or disturbances that occurred. I liked days like this. They were like eyes in the storm. A moment of respite while still doing my job as a sorcerer.

When I returned to Jujutsu Tech I got ambushed by the first years who were practically bouncing in place. Well, Nobara and Itadori were, Fushiguro looked like he was forced to be there. "L/n-sensei!!" The two shook me vigorously. I looked down at the two in concern, eyeing Megumi for any clues but he remained stoic "What's up?" They shared a glance before Nobara spoke up "So we were thinking of throwing a party tomorrow night since it'll be Friday. Just a small, dormitory party with us and the second years. And we asked Gojo already but he said to ask you so here we are, asking you." I blinked a few times, trying to comprehend what was just asked of me. "I mean, it's just in the dorms, is it not?" They nodded. "Then I don't see the problem. I'll come check on you every once in a while. Make sure you're not causing too much trouble." Megumi groaned in annoyance, clearly not wanting the same as his classmates. Nobara elbowed him before bowing gratefully "Thank you, Sensei!" She and Itadori exclaimed in unison before dragging Megumi along "We'll be good!" I laughed breathily, shaking my head "Alright."

I pulled out my phone and continued my walk to the teacher's dormitory. I dialled my sister's phone number, hoping she'd pick up. The phone rang a few times before I heard a voice sound through "With L/n Emi, how can I help you?" I gasped dramatically "Wow, don't even have your little brother's phone number saved?" She let out an annoyed groan I could practically hear her roll her eyes "I wasn't looking at the caller ID." I simply laughed, finally gaining a soft chuckle from her as well. "Is everything alright? You don't usually call." As I unlocked the door, phone between my face and shoulder, I sighed deeply. Reminders of the dream I had last night "Yeah I just...had a weird dream and wanted to make sure you were alright."

"Okay...?" She sounded rather confused, but also with a hint of curiosity "Tell me about the dream." I hummed in confirmation "Let me get something from my room first." She muttered a soft 'okay' before resuming whatever she was doing. I went to my room and grabbed the ointment off my desk before heading to the bathroom. It seemed Gojo had left for another mission, leaving some peace and quiet for me to enjoy.

I placed the phone on the counter and put her on speaker before talking again "Okay so I was incapable of moving or talking, anything like that. Typical dream stuff, right?" "Right." "But I was also visually limited, everything was blurry. I could hear though." Emi hummed, confirming that she was still listening "I was overhearing a conversation between you and Akemi-" "Please just call him by his first name: Batton." I groaned in annoyance as I pulled off my shirt, proceeding to peel off the bandages from my injuries with great struggle "He doesn't like me and I don't like him, I'll just call him by his last name." She sighed in defeat "Go on." I hissed in pain before speaking again "So I was overhearing a conversation between you and your husband and you were arguing." I went silent for a moment as I tried to get the ointment on my back with a chain of swears slipping past my lips. "What in the hell are you doing?" I broke out in laughter at her comment, realising I'd not told her what I was up to "I'm putting ointment on some injuries I got during a mission." "Are you okay?" "Yeah, I'm okay." She sighed before speaking again "You need to be more careful." I clicked my tongue in frustration "Tell me something new." "Just...go on." I perked up, remembering what I was talking about "Right, right. So you guys were arguing about my death and I'm gonna assume through assassination because he was talking about my technique which could then be passed on to the baby." She was quiet, which concerned me slightly. "Crazy, right?" She took a sharp breath "Yeah, you weren't lying when you said weird dream." Her tone was off but I decided to brush it off for now.

"How is Tsumugi doing?" I asked curiously, my tone softening at the thought of my niece screaming into the phone excitedly like she usually would. "Uhhh she's playing somewhere outside, I can go get her for you. I'm sure she'd be delighted to speak with you." A smile tugged at my lips "That'd be lovely." I heard the phone get placed on a table before some distant yelling sounded, making me snicker softly.

"UNCLE Y/N!!!" I suddenly heard a little girl scream in the distance, making me laugh loudly. "Tsumugi! My sweet girl, how are you?" I immediately lowered my volume, my heart swelling at her excitement. "I'm really good! And you?" She sounded hyper, probably from just playing outside. "I'm good! Thank you for asking. I heard you were playing outside just now, did you have fun?" She hummed excitedly, I could hear her jumping up and down and Emi trying to calm her down "Yeah! I was biking around the garden. You should come back soon to bike with me!" I chuckled softly "Ohh I don't know sweet pea, Uncle Y/n is very busy with being a sorcerer and teacher. But maybe. I'll see if I can get a day off." Emi pretended to be just as sad as her little girl "So you can't even make time for your favourite niece?" I could hear the devilish grin plastered on her stupid face. "I said maybe." I spoke sternly, trying not to laugh. "Okay!!" Tsumugi happily chimed in, making both Emi and I burst into laughter. That sweet child.

"Shouldn't you be getting some rest, Y/n?" Emi commented after a while as I was coughing my lungs out "Are you getting sick too? Jeez, pick a struggle." As I finally cleared my throat "No. I'm not getting sick. It's just...allergies." "Right..." "I'm serious!" She laughed, still unconvinced. "You're right though, I have a busy day tomorrow and I am beat." She hummed, Tsumugi now watching TV while she sat in her lap "I'll talk to you later alright?" I yawned through a 'yes', making her laugh at me once more "Say hi to Harue when you see him again alright?" I added before hanging up. "You can say hi yourself next time you're here." I scoffed at her snarky remark before sighing in defeat "Alright, fine. Goodnight." "Goodnight, Y/n." "Goodnight Uncle!!"

That's where the call ended and I was left alone with my thoughts again. The only sound was my own breathing as I stared at the oh-so-familiar ceiling before closing my eyes to get some rest. God tomorrow was going to be a pain in my ass.