"I fear your little girl is too young," The Septa said and Mace sighed, "The best we could do is begin with the basics, my lord. Reading of the histories and learning manners."

"That'd be great," Mace says as Cassandra reaches her hands out and babbles. The Baratheon lord bends down to lift his daughter and adjust her on his hip.

"I suggest you begin with reading the histories before bed. To build a routine with the young lady," The Septa instructs and Mace nods, "Both of your little girls."

Mace smiles warmly at Cassandra, his heart swelling with love for his precious daughter. "We'll start tonight then, won't we, my sweet girl?" he says, brushing a strand of hair away from her face.

Cassandra giggles in response, her small fingers reaching out to grab at his beard. Mace chuckles, gently prying her hand away. "Careful now," he says affectionately.

As they leave the septa's chambers and make their way down the corridors of Storm's End, Mace can't help but feel a sense of pride and responsibility settling over him. With each step, he knows that he's not only a lord but also a father, tasked with guiding and nurturing his daughters into the strong, capable women they're meant to become.

They arrive to his daughter's chambers where Maris was fast asleep in her crib. Cassandra no longer needed a crib so a new bed was made for her. Mace walked over to the small bed and gently threw Cassandra down onto it.

She laughs and hides her face from her father who threw himself down next to her, landing dramatically, "You get one story today, my girl. What would you like to hear?"

"I want flower!" Cassandra laughed as she hid in her father's chest and clapping her hands together, "Flower!"

"You and those flowers," Mace laughed, "Why must you remind me of those flowers?"

The white flowers only reminded Mace of one thing.

"Flower pretty," Cassandra answers and Mace smile softly.

"You are right," Mace grinned, knowing exactly what he was talking about, "White flowers are very pretty. Unfortunately, I may not be able to see those flowers again."

"You love pretty flower," Cassandra stated, not knowing how much that physically hurt Mace to hear.

"I do," Mace says. "I really do. But sometimes, we have to let go of the things we love, even if it hurts."

Cassandra looked up at her father with wide, curious eyes, sensing the sadness in his tone. "Go see flower! Not bad."

Mace thinks about Rhaenyra, the Princess whose hair was as white as the flowers of the Kingswood.
The woman he could not have and tore himself away from because he could not betray his wife and children.

"The flowers are too far," Mace says but when he looks down, he sees Cassandra comfortably lying on his arm and falling asleep.

He tightly smiles and plants a kiss on her forehead before carefully removing himself. "I was actually looking forward to a story." Mace jokes as he grabs a blanket and puts it over his daughter. He realizes that she is still wearing her formal dress and cringes.

I should probably do something about that, Mace thinks to himself. Instead he shrugs and tucks Cassandra in, deciding that it wasn't anything to worry about. He smiles down at her and moves to Maris's crib.