Allina fixed her glasses position, smiling slightly. "That's your and Liv's job. You two should meet together often—"

"NO!"

"NO!"

The two of us– me and Chan looked at each other. Automatically. Followed by the laughter of Allina and Felix. "Chill, I was just kidding. You both are too serious."

Chan took his eyes off me and scratched his neck. He tried to continue the meeting with forced-prestige. So he wasn't as professional as I thought. How could this Computer Science major best student with a good— no need to mention that anymore, right ? Also chosen by the most votes because he was known for his social skills, leading a group, and strategizing, can be this stupid today?

Well, okay, with the experience I had over the past year, I'd try to do my best. Thinking too much about their achievement gave me a headache. If they're not satisfied with my ability, it was their fault to choose me.

"O-okay do you guys h-have any ideas?"

"You really look stupid today, Chief. Why are you nervous?" Felix teased him. Maybe today Maddie made him so happy until he stuttered like that. Or the worse he was feeling anxious having me here.

"Stop."

"Okay, okay, sorry."

Chan sighed, then returned to his laptop. "Okay, any ideas?"

Was it time for me to show you what I've got?

"M-me."

Allina and Felix looked at me. They were excited and nodded, letting me speak. I smiled a little before starting, "In my opinion, cooperation and solidarity can be formed if we can pay attention to each other. When we can understand each other, the feeling to do more will be greater. So, what if we create activities to get to know each of our friends better like group games, survival, or teamwork to make a–"

"That's ridiculous."

I sighed. He.was.trying.to.fight.me. I stared at him but he didn't budge. God, I wasn't done talking and as a GoOd ChiEf he should listen to the end.

Felix furrowed his brows, "Chan, she's not done talking–"

"You need to learn more, Liv." Chan cut Felix's words. I could say he was not wise for doing this to me and his team mate. "As a Vice, how could you suggest that kind of idea?"

"But I think that's a good idea. We never do that kind of thing." Now Allina tried to defend me, making Chan get more upset. I knew how bad those feelings were to see your good friends agreeing with your enemy, and I experienced it many times in my high school days. My friends left me or had better friends so it was only me who thought that we were close. I was probably just being used.

"I'm sorry for being incompetent, Senior Chan. I gave my ideas based on my experience, and I realize I need to learn more as you told me to." For now, I should be polite even though I didn't like his attitude. After all, this was the consequence I must bear for my actions back then. It was difficult to gain people's trust, so I could understand him.

"Well-" Chan shrugged his shoulders with a tired expression as if I was that stupid. "We'll talk about this later. Felix, how about the budget?"

And after that Chan continued the meeting by skipping the theme and discussing the budget and permissions. He no longer asked my opinion, only Allina and Felix spoke to me. If I thought I could be fine with this, I certainly couldn't. I tried to hold back my tears. Not because I still loved him, but it was bad to be treated like you don't exist.

One hour.

Two hours.

Three hours.

I was getting tired. But this meeting was finally over.

"I'll leave first, still have a class." Felix immediately ran out of the room waving his hand at all of us who were still tidying up.

"Do you still have class, Liv?" Allina asked while carrying her bag and walking towards the door. "If not, would you like to hang out with me? We've never talked much before."

I was a little stunned. I didn't expect that a wonderful girl like her would ask someone like me to hang out. But considering I didn't have much time, it seemed I had to refuse.

"Uhm— I'm sorry, Senior, I—"

"I still want to talk to Liv, Allina. You can leave."

Oh sh*t! Did Chan just keep me here?

Allina rolled her eyes. "Tch, alright. Don't be too hard on her."

As she left us alone, I chose to stare at the window. My hands were sweating but I gripped my bag tighter. Chan was still tidying up his things, occasionally looking at his phone. Of course neither of us wanted to speak first. This silence really tormented me. Minutes feel like hours. Under this situation, I was hoping that if there was something that would get us out of here like a fire alarm—

Wait, fire alarm?

*RINGGGGGGGGGGG

"Where's the door?"

"It's so dark."

"I can't see anything."

"Anyone— please help me!"

"I-"

"I can't breathe."

"I-

.

.

.

"Liverra!"

The darkness began to disappear. A cold and hard floor greeted my skin. Slowly the blur disappeared as a deep voice kept calling my name over and over again. For seconds, I was still processing what just happened.

"You okay?"

I nodded slowly then held my head which hurt so bad. Those bad memories came back to me when I subconsciously thought about the trigger that gave rise to my fear. And I realized that the boy in front of me was him. My head was on his thighs. His hands held my body tightly. And his face was right in front of me. Too close, too close, too close!

"Hey, are you sure you're okay?"

"Y-yeah." I quickly got up. Without looking at him again, I grabbed my bag and ran towards the door.

"Liv, wait! I need to talk about our marriage!"

I stopped. Yes, we need to talk about this. I went back to the position as he took a blank paper. "Sit down. I know it's hard for you to talk to your parents. So let's make a deal."