Chapter one - Go! (Battle Remix)

( Notes: definitely not the worst one Spotify could have chosen, never one I would have picked myself, but it came out great! That's why I'm doing this haha.)

~~~

Jay had dragged everyone out for karaoke, booking out a room.

He called it a "group bonding exercise", and It had been a train-wreck so far. Evie was constantly screaming Beyoncé at the top of her lungs, Mal wouldn't stop choosing sad songs that constantly brang the mood down, Carlos kept shouting at everyone for being too loud, Dude was making everyone insecure, and Ben was just desperately trying to keep his sanity together.

Jay sighed, walking up on the stage and grabbed the idle microphone, "I have a new idea."

Everyone looked up at Jay,

"We all like to randomly burst out into song on the spot, right? Freestyle it, y'know?"

Everyone nodded, unsure where Jay was going with this.

"It's terrifying," Dude muttered, Carlos gave him a light whack on the head.

"Well! Let's do a freestyle, all of us! Teamwork, and fun!"

There was a bunch of intrigued looks, but Carlos still looked nervous.

Jay looked over towards Carlos, "would it help if I chose the order that people will get up and sing?"

Carlos nodded, shrinking back in his chair now that everyone was looking at him.

Jay clapped, forcing attention automatically back onto him. "Alright! The order is - I'll start us off with a chant to get hyped, then Carlos—"

Carlos cringed, why did Jay have to put him first?

"—will sing a verse, then Evie!"

Evie looked excited.

"Then me," Jay smirked. "Then Ben,"

Ben looked startled, he thought Jay had forgot him. But he was happy to give it a try.

"Then, last but not least. Mal."

Mal looked up at him, she wondered when Jay had gotten so enthusiastic about singing.

"And any of us can provide backup vocals at any point," he grinned. "Dude, hit the beat!"

Everyone (minus Jay,) looked at Dude in shock as he ran over to the DJ booth in the back of the room and started DJing.

Jay smirked, "hit the lights!"

Dude hit a button and the room lit up in rainbow shapes that were dancing around the room.

Everyone looked back to the stage as Jay warmed them up,

"Go! VKs, Go! Go! VK's, Go-go-go-go-go-go!"

Carlos walked up nervously as Jay sang them in,

Jay hopped off the stage, handing the mic to Carlos as he passed him.

"Carlos! Talk straight up, to an animal."

He sang out as he walked onto the stage,

"Animal?" Jay challenged,

"Animal?" Evie continued.

"Yes, any animal!" He continued, starting to get into it.

"Boom, pow! Yeah, Dude can talk now!

"Ooohhhhh!!" Ben hyped, liking how happy Carlos looked.

"Check out my dog now!" He grinned as Evie strutted up to the stage,

He passed the mic to her, jumping off and landing in a split just to show off.