𝟐 ... hot boys and pirates

☼ ☽ ✩

☼ ☽ ✩

𝟐 ... 𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬

☼ ☽ ✩

"What the fuck," I hiss, my eyes narrowing at the book in my hands. No fucking way did the author just kill off my favourite character. I groan out loud, snapping the book shut and forcing myself to take a deep breath. I need a break from my soul being crushed.

My scowl quickly morphs into a smile when I spot Chandler and Joey chasing each other through the dog park. Most mornings, once my siblings have left for school, the dogs and I go to the park. I get to devour whatever book I am currently reading, and they get to run around with other dogs. It's a win-win situation.

A cool drop of water landing on my arm catches my attention, and my gaze flickers to the sky. Ominous clouds are rolling above, and the world is suddenly washed in streaks of grey as the sky opens up.

Unfazed by the sudden storm, I drop my book into my bag and whistle for the dogs. I may not mind the rain, but my book certainly will. "Come on, boys! Time to go!"

Chandler and Joey meet me at the gate, and I clip on their leashes, brushing my wet hair away from my face. I keep my bag close to my body as we head out of the park, the rain falling in sheets around us. It hammers into my skin like ice pellets, and my vision goes blurry from the water streaming down my face. The sound of muffled thunder echoes through the park, and a crack of lightning darts across the sky.

Never a fan of thunder, Chandler barks and pulls hard on his leash. Joey is startled by Chandler's bark and jerks in the other direction, yanking my arm with him, and Chandler uses my distraction to tug on his leash again. Before I can tighten my grip, the leash slips through my fingers, and Chandler takes off down the path.

"Chandler!" I yell, the thunder swallowing up my voice. I tug Joey after me to chase the golden retriever down, my sneakers splashing through accumulating puddles. "Come back, asshole! Chandler!"

My heart is hammering in my ears, beating in time with Joey's high pitched barking. Water seeps through my shoes, and I stumble slightly on a crack in the sidewalk before catching my balance and continuing to sprint after Chandler. Me falling is the last thing I need right now.

Chandler runs for another minute before slowing down, and through the sheet of rain, I see a blurry figure crouch down, beckoning my dog closer to him. A trickle of uneasiness floods through me and I urge my legs to move faster. If this guy tries to steal my dog, we are going to have a serious problem.

But low and behold, the stranger, who I think looks to be a young man, stays in a crouched position beside Chandler, clutching his leash with one hand and stroking his rain-streaked back with the other.