Chapter 13: Jaydin's Secret

Comincia dall'inizio

Jaydin looked on and was also annoyed at Damian showing off.

"Ugh, not a sight I ever wanted to see" Zoroark said with disgust.

"No kidding" Jaydin said.

"Still, he's got nothing on you, Mr. Full 6 Pack Abs" Zoroark teased, lightly poking Jaydin's abs.

"You forgot one crucial thing" Jaydin said.

"Which is?" Zoroark said, trying to pretend like she didn't know.

"Purple colored skin and covered in scars and bruises, and a few scars on my back" Jaydin answered.

Zoroark grunted as she averted her gaze.

Jaydin also looked away, guilty for bringing it up.

"S-Sorry, I didn't mean to say it like that" he said.

"I-It's not your fault, I'm the one who b-brought it up" Zoroark said as she stammered a couple times.

The two still didn't look at each other, both maintaining their sad faces.

"Do you think you'll ever tell her?" Zoroark suddenly asked.

Jaydin finally looked at her. "Tell who?"

Zoroark looked at him. "Reeka of course."

Jaydin was surprised to hear that. Her reaction is the one he fears the most. He's been very careful to not let Reeka see him without a shirt. He knew deep down that she will find out eventually, but he doesn't want that to happen yet.

'What if she becomes scared of me? What if she'll want to stop living with me? If that happens, I'll probably become lonely again...' Jaydin thought.

"I don't know..." was all Jaydin said.

Meanwhile most of the girls were being smitten by Damian and his performance in the pool. Reeka and Pikachu were a little bit away from the main group. Pikachu was wearing water wings and had goggles on.

"This is actually pretty refreshing isn't Pikachu?" Reeka said with a sigh.

"Yeah, we should come here more often" Pikachu said as she swam around Reeka.

"For sure, although I'd prefer less people" Reeka said.

Damian saw Reeka wasn't paying attention to him like all the other girls. This annoyed him a lot.

'That Nerd isn't paying attention to me. I have to change that, and humiliate that loser Jaydin!' He thought. An idea suddenly came to him. 'Hang on, that loser was so adamant about going in the pool, so that must mean he's scared of the water. If I can get that nerd in danger while she's still in the pool, he'll be too scared to save her, giving me the chance to rescue her and get her to fall in love with me and dump that loser all in one fell swoop!'

As class continued, Damian kept planning his move. The teacher said they could all grab a drink of water before finishing up. Reeka asked Pikachu if she could get a drink for her, seeing Pikachu getting a little tired from swimming around. Pikachu nodded and got out. Damian saw his chance. He snuck out of sight from everyone else and readied his weapon of choice. It was a simple peashooter that housed a dart that could weaken muscle strength. He saw an opening and fired. It hit Reeka, surprising her.

"Ow. What just hit me?" She asked herself.

Her question would have to wait as her body started to weaken, causing her to start sinking into the water.

"H-H-Help m—" she started to yell but stopped when she fell completely underwater.

Something suddenly shot through Jaydin, causing him to jump up.