Don't think that I'm helpless just because I don't have any evidence right now.

Hyunwoo chimed in sincerely. "CEO Jeon, taehyung's personality is a little rebellious right now. Don't listen to his lies. He is eunji's blood-related son. How could the kim family abuse him?"

Jungkook did not believe the versions provided by eunji, Long hyunwoo and jennie. He asked them with a dark expression. "Where is the storeroom that taehyung lived in?"

He wanted to see it for himself, the sort of place where taehyung was previously made to live in!

"It's..." hyunwoo was about to respond.

But Eunji glared at him. Her eyes were clearly implying that if he responded affirmatively, it would be tantamount to admitting that he had lived in a storeroom earlier. Hadn't they given jungkook enough reasons to hate them already?

Hyunwoo tactfully fell silent.

"Rather than a storeroom, it's simply one of the rooms on the first floor. The place is quite nice and well-maintained. Since the commander wishes to see it, please follow me..." eunji indicated with her hand and turned to walk down the hallway next to the staircase.

She paused at the end of the hallway and turned around the corner to approach one of the rooms located several meters inwards.

Jungkook and taehyung followed behind.

The moment taehyung saw the door, he knew something was amiss.

The brand new, well-made door was an indicator of what lay inside. he had no doubt the interior would be starkly different from what he remembered it to be.

Eunji pointed at the door. "CEO Jeon, look. This door was bought from a reputable brand. I spent more than a thousand dollars on it. Compare it with the other rooms over there. Those aren't as expensive. This is all because we prioritised taehyung's privacy. He's my son after all. Everything has to be of the best quality."

"Whose rooms are those?" jungkook asked with a heavy tone.

"It's..." eunji had no way of concealing it. "They belong to the maids."

jungkook's face was extremely dark. His eyes seemed to burn with murderous intent. "You made my fiancée sleep in the maid's quarters?"

"I..." eunji could not come up with a good excuse.

In that instant, jennie rushed to speak up, instead. "CEO Jeon, you've misunderstood my mother. My mother has always doted on my third brother more than me. This is all because my third brother is extremely overweight, and was too lazy to climb the stairs. The Kim family is unlike the Jeon Villa where elevators have been installed. My third brother was the one who requested to stay here."

Taehyung smiled coldly. "Is that so?"

"Of course you'll deny it now." jennie replied with reddened eyes. "Third brother , I know that your academic results are poor, and that you're jealous of me for being a top student. Mom only criticised your grades a little, and because of that, you're having a cold war with her."

"I'm the one who wants to see the room that taehyung used for seven years. This is unrelated to taehyung!" jungkook was upset with the way jennie always shifted the topic onto taehyung's flaws.

"I'm jealous of your good grades?" taehyung looked at jennie as though she was retarded. "Don't make up lies about me. It'll be examination time soon. We'll see exactly who performs better at that time!"

Hoseok had heard of taehyung's gamble with jennie.

Water had really entered this fattie's brain. He was actually competing with his genius second sister over examination grades? Wasn't this the same as using an egg to break a stone!