Chapter 56

There was no way the Kim family's chefs could have prepared these delectable dishes. Their appearances alone were sufficient to greatly stimulate everyone's appetite.

Jungkook pulled a chair out for taehyung.

His considerate action caused jennie's eyes to burn in jealousy.

Immediately, she adjusted her expression and concealed the envy. She then curved her lips into a fawning smile. "CEO Jeon, there are so many dishes here. You won't be able to finish these even if there were more people. May I join you?"

"What makes you think that you are worthy?" A hint of unhappiness appeared in jungkook's sharp eyes.

Jennie's smile stiffened.

Eunji saw that her daughter was refused and consoled him sweetly. "CEO Jeon, please don't be upset with jennie. She's still young and immature."

Deep in her heart, she knew that jungkook would not be moved by the Kim family under the current circumstances.

Thus, eunji shifted her stern gaze onto taehyung. "taehyung ah, your second uncle, your second sister and I are all starving. Why haven't you asked us to join you yet?"

Taehyung was transported back to the times when the Kim family used to leave him out whenever there was good food to eat. They only offered him the leftovers. He had never enjoyed even a bite of their luxurious, delectable dishes.

They had claimed it was to help him lose weight.

"The Kim family chefs have already prepared your food, haven't they?" taehyung responded calmly. "You can set up another table."

"How could our Kim home's chefs compete with the chefs from the Jeon Villa."

More importantly, it was a great honor to have a meal with jungkook. If news about this spread, countless people would rush to fawn on them in the near future. Eunji had a loving smile on her face. "taehyung ah, you've always been a filial child. Quickly request CEO Jeon on our behalf."

Hyunwoo also said, "Yes, it's rare for us to have a meal as a family.

"Indeed. It's been a long time since we ate as a family." taehyung sneered mockingly.

Just as the Kim family assumed he would speak on their behalf to jungkook, taehyung changed the topic. "All this while, I've always been eating leftovers in the storeroom, while the rest of you enjoyed delicacies in the dining room. You never once offered any good food to me. Now that I have these delicacies to enjoy, why do I have to share them with you?"

Upon hearing this, jungkook's expression darkened.

Eunji noticed that jungkook's face was becoming stormy and she rushed to respond quickly. "taehyung ah, you child, what are you talking about? Haven't we always been eating the same food? Even if we stopped you from eating some things, it was because you're overweight. Mom was worried you would fall sick. I was only trying to help you lose weight."

"That's right." jennie chimed in.

"CEO Jeon, don't listen to him. My third brother is so fat. He is clearly eating ten times better than me. Otherwise, how could he have developed such a figure?"

Taehyung's current weight did not happen only because he had eaten a large amount of oily and unhealthy food under jennie's insinuations. It was mostly because he had consumed food that contained drugs that would stimulate weight gain.

But right now, he did not have any evidence of jennie's actions.

Sooner or later, jennie would strike again. When that happened, he would be ready to catch her in the act!