"If it's okay, I'd like to confirm the level of your recovery magic."

"Ah, I see."

"What kind of explanation are you looking for?"

"A normal rank designation is fine. It's E-level, right?"

"Uh.. yeah, it's about that level," Tanaka answered, so he's a healer with E-level recovery magic? In terms of RPG statistics, E usually means it's low...

"That's useless. Rank E at your age, what have you been doing with your life?" Ester chimed in, she would instantly shoot a critical hit with that question if I were Tanaka.

"No, well, um, various things?" At least Tanaka's response was quick and calm, as expected from an adult in his 30s.

"Ester is about that level too, let's just work together." At that word from Allen, Ester pouted and turned away.

"And Artoria, I don't see you bring any weapon, with what do you fight?"

"I use a sword, it's a sword I can summon to aid me in battle." In my answer to Allen's question, I seem to have piqued Sophie's interest as well as Ester's.

"Ah, by the way, Tanaka, I was wondering if you can use that sword?" Allen asks Tanaka again, staring at the short sword resting on his hip. It seems that Tanaka just bought that sword using the reward money he got yesterday.

"Ah, this? It's for self-defense, or maybe decoration. I haven't even swung it yet."

"Ah, I see. Sorry about the weird question."

"No, no, I'm sorry about the misleading outfit."

...What is this, an apologizing fest?
___________________________________________________

We came to a stop for lunch after a while.

Allen was enthusiastic, leading the group to a clearing with a few tools in his hands. While the carriage and the horse-like creature were tied under a tree, beside the seemingly unending road with forest at its both sides. And the grassy fields of the clearing gave a relaxing breeze.

"I'll go collect the firewood," Tanaka said, walking into the forest. At least before he was stopped by Allen.

"That wouldn't be necessary, she'll handle the fire." He gestured towards Sophie.

"Um, what should I do then?"

"Some help with the cooking would be good."

"Ah, ok. I understand."

And with that, Tanaka became a temporary cook for the party.

"Um, what about water?"

"Sophie can provide the water."

"I see, so the water is from magic too. Um, I'd like to get some water."

"In that pot?" Compared to Ester's manner of speech, Sophie is more softer.

"Ah, yes."

Tanaka gave her the pot, and Sophie mumbled quietly while staring at the pot.

After that, the pot started filling up with water, magic is truly amazing when I witness it myself.

Tanaka then went on with the cooking.
___________________________________________________

Tanaka's culinary skill was quite good, he made a delicious soup. I had to refrain myself asking for more.

We continued our ride to the village after lunch, Allen and Tanaka seemed to get along well. On the other hand, I'm still silent throughout the whole trip, I still have my old self problem with starting conversation it seems.