"Why Don't You Stay?" (Epilogue)

Start from the beginning

Had my parents been alive, I wouldn't have been living here. I would have just visited as a relative to meet you all sometimes. I know, I have caused you all a lot of pain many a time, but I swear I have always loved you all just as much as I would do my ma and papa. You were all a family to me in a way that my parents were never given a chance to be.

What I am trying to say is that you all have done a lot for me. But I always knew that I was just an extended guest over here. I have long overstayed my welcome and don't want to intrude anymore. 

Aur aapne sahi kaha mamiji. Mujhe apne paise waste nhi karne chahiye. Isiliye hamesha ki tarah PCT ke paise ka 25 percent ghar aaayega. Mere jaane ke baad bhi. Nhi Nanu (seeing him about yo protest), please mujhe ye Karne dijiye. Log toh kisi apne ke liye itna nhi karte aur aap logon ne to mujhe paal pos ke bada Kiya hai. Kisi cheez ki kabhi koi kami nhi hone di.

Ghar ke bacche jab naukri Karne lagte hain, toh ghar pe paise bhejte hain. Aap logon ne mujhe iss parivar ka hissa banaya hai. Toh yeh phir Mera haq Hua na?'

She saw her Nanu looking so sad, so she sat in front of him and held his hands, 'Nanu, mai apne Ma ki beti hun, apna khayal rakh sakti hun. Please aap chinta mat kijiye. Aur phir kaunsa hamesha ke liye chali ja rhi hun. Aapse milne aati rahungi. Thik.'

And though, it was a difficult decision, but they had both bravely stood on their own and took their own paths. They hadn't yet informed their families of their relationship, wanting to explore a bit more before bringing in anyone else on the secret.

Sumo had already decided to move into her childhood home after the renovations and furnishings were done. But she was still at crossroads as Shravan wasn't ready for any kind of monetary rent. So she came up with another brilliant idea.

On the day of her housewarming party, Pushkar saw Shravan and Sumo both being the hosts. Turns out she had decided that they would both share the house as he wasn't ready to take rent from her. She was going to take care of his meals and health in return. To be honest, Shravan was way too excited for this form of payment but Suman hadn't given it much thought as they were both going to stay in separate rooms just like housemates who were in love and nothing more.

...................
Two days later, they were both cuddling in the living room couch after a make-out session late in the night.

A few months later, their entire family was aware of the relationship. To be honest, it wasn't rocket science to figure it out. With all the lovey-dovey looks, they both kept passing each other at any, and every moment, it was a child's play.
                   ************************

Ramnath and Nirmala, who were rediscovering their relationship, were no less and knew what their son was up to with how he looked at Sumo every time they saw him. It was embarrassing yet cute at the same time. Nirmala had realized that though she hadn't cheated, yet she had just been as egoistic as her husband ten years ago. They both weren't ready for compromises back then, and that had led to their separation.

But ten years were enough to rethink every decision they had made. And all the time they had spent together since their reunion had only seemed fruitful.

Ramnath had realized what he had lost in all these years. He understood what he had missed out on when he decided to torment his wife and leave her back then. It wasn't an easy journey back to what they were. And that would never be easy, for they weren't the same people as a decade ago. They had both grown as a person and knew where their faults lied.

They hadn't accepted it out loud, but in those ten years, they had yearned for each other so much. That may be the reason why they hadn't both yet divorced or moved on, even though they had plenty of chances to do so.