three

You anxiously put on your mascara, nervousness building in your chest when your date texted that he was less than five minutes away. It's been forever since you've been on a date, the last one you ever went on was with Toji. You began to grow anxious, a million questions running through your head, self doubt and everything in between. The kids were with Shoko, thankfully she was free for the weekend or else you might've had to cancel entirely no thanks to Toji.

You screwed the mascara shut, tossing it back in your makeup bag as you took one last look in the mirror, hands running over your dress to make sure it was flattened out and tight fitting. "Okay." You took in a deep breath in, trying to calm your nerves. Though all came flooding back once the doorbell rang. "Shit! Okay, okay, be calm," you spoke to yourself, striding towards the front door, heels hitting the wood below you. You gulped, fingers fidgeting with the lock before you opened the door to finally reveal your date. "Hi!" You smiled.

"Hi...wow," he looked over your figure, "you look...amazing." He couldn't stop staring at you, a small smirk on his face. "These are for you." He handed you a bouquet of followers.

The smile on your face grew wider as you grabbed the flowers from his hand, sniffing them. "Thank you so much, Nanami." You averted your gaze towards him. "You look really handsome as well." It felt like you were back in middle school again, talking to your crush for the first time ever. He wore a black button down, sleeves pushed up to his elbows, a pair of classic black slacks. His outfit rightfully complimenting yours. "Please, come in." You grabbed the empty vase that sat on your countertop, filling it with water and placing the flowers in. "These are beautiful."

"I'm glad you like them, they were one of the very few left," he chuckled. He bit the inside of his cheek when you looked over your shoulder and flashed him a smile. He cleared his throat as you walked over to him.

"Well, thank you again. Shall we get going?" You asked, staring up at him through thick lashes.

Your faces were only inches apart as he held the stare, your perfume filling his lungs each time he took a breath. It was quite intoxicating. "Of course. Wouldn't want to be late."

It was already an hour into the date, you and Nanami were already making great conversation, finding out that you two had a lot in common

It was already an hour into the date, you and Nanami were already making great conversation, finding out that you two had a lot in common. He was a hard working man, but always tried to find time for himself when it was necessary. He had his whole life put together, very obvious from the car you two drove to the restaurant in. He was such a gentleman, opening the car door for you, pull out the chair for you. It had you swooning. He had you swooning.

"How's your pasta?" He asked, slightly leaning forward on the table.

You covered your mouth as you finished chewing. "It's amazing!" Your eyes swelled up in joy. "Is this your first time here?" You asked.

"It is! I wanted to take you to somewhere new. I've driven by this place a few times and it looked pretty interesting. Glad my instincts are paying off," he laughed, placing his fork down.