✩ chapter three ✩

Start from the beginning

Sharky walked closer to him, reaching out and taking the fabric near his collar in between his fingers. "Nice hoodie Ken, never seen this one before you know." He stated teasingly, a smirk decorating his features.

Kenny shoved him away, rolling his eyes jokingly while trying to ignore the blush that he felt creeping up his neck. Sharky had left that hoodie at his house the last time the pair had hung out, and Kenny wore it all the time. He wouldn't admit it, but it was almost comforting to him.

"Shut up Shully." He replied, Sharky's jaw dropping to the floor at the nickname. He snorted and took a sip out of his can.

"Shully yeah?" He asked, a menacing look on his face. "I mean yeah.." Kenny retorted boldly. Sharky paused for a second, a plan of action forming behind those eyes, and before Kenny knew it, he was being chased around the kitchen.

"SHARKS NO IM SORRY!" He practically squealed as he sprinted into the living room, laughing non stop. "I MEANT SHARKY I SWEAR!"

He let out a scream as he jumped onto the couch, holding a pillow up as defence. Sharky grabbed the pillow, throwing it to the sofa opposite. The two wrestled jokingly, Kenny practically begging for mercy as Sharky relentlessly whacked him with another pillow.

"SHULLY?! HM?" He questioned threateningly, stopping his attacks on Kenny and holding the pillow up in mid air.

It was then that Kenny realised how close the two really were. Sharky was practically straddling him, out of breath as their faces were only inches away from each other.

"No" He breathed out, suddenly forgetting all about what they were doing before. He felt the blood rush to his ears as he stared up at Sharky through his eyelashes. He didn't really know what he was doing, but he himself wanting to stay like this. Still breathless, he propped himself up onto his elbows, not daring to break the eye contact between the two.

Sharky stayed where he was, frozen. Kenny watched as his lips parted ever so slightly and
there it was again. That feeling in his stomach.
Because he knew. Friends shouldn't be doing this, but he still didn't stop himself.

He reached out hesitantly, brushing his thumb lightly against Sharky's waist. Sharky's breath hitched and he opened his mouth to speak, mere inches away from his face.

"Ken-" He started before they heard the door swinging open. Aj was stood in the doorway of the living room, an eyebrow raised at their more than questionable position.

"Ay why do you two look like you're about to lips?! That position is mental as well!" Sharky snickered above him and the two shared a look and just started laughing again at the situation, Kenny choosing to ignore the obvious butterflies forming in his stomach.

Sharky got up off of him, brushing a hand past his arm and sitting up properly on the couch. Niko strolled in behind Aj, carrying a whole bag full of snacks, and Chunkz arrived about 5 minutes later.

Aj and Niko had already plonked themselves down on the floor once again. "You two are such weirdos" Chunkz stated, laughing at their choice to sit on the floor. But they obviously didn't care, and Kenny didn't miss the way that their hands were interlinked in Niko's lap.

They threw on a movie that Kenny completely forgot the name of, because he was so, so distracted.

He was still thinking about that moment from before, his stomach doing flips. He replayed everything over and over again in his mind, unable to shake the overwhelming feeling that he still didn't understand. Because Sharky had just looked so good it was unfair, and it made Kenny squirm.

The man in question was sat next to him, watching the movie with a faraway look in his eyes, like he was thinking about something. Kenny nudged him gently, checking if he was okay. Sharky just smiled back faintly, his eyes lingering on Kenny, and went back to pretending to watch the movie.

Kenny could tell straight away that something was wrong with him. He always could, it was like a radar he had.

He shifted so that he was leaning against the side of the sofa, and then reached out, wrapping both arms around Sharky's torso and holding him close to his chest.

He felt Sharky freeze for a minute, and then relax into his touch, breathing out shakily. Kenny stroked up and down the side of his upper body, not taking his eyes off of him.

Suddenly, Kenny could feel the butterflies in his stomach resurface again just from holding Sharky. He didn't understand. Why did he feel like this about his friend?

He looked back down at Sharky again. He was laughing at something in the movie that they were watching, and Kenny swore that the whole world stopped.

Because Sharky? Sharky was so beautiful it was devastating. Pretty even. All Kenny ever wanted to do was have him to himself and-

Oh.

Oh.

And that's when it all clicked into place.

Kenny Ojuederie loved Sharky.

And it hit him like a freight train. He finally understood. Understood why every time Sharky smiled he wanted to stop time. Why he got butterflies in his stomach every time he saw him. This, was the stupid feeling he'd been having that he didn't understand before.

To most, the moment that you realise that you've fallen for someone, theres a sense of relief. When it finally catches up to you that the feeling you've been experiencing is love. But most people are full of shit, because it was the worst feeling that Kenny had ever felt in his entire life.

There was a sense of dread deep rooted in his gut. Sharky could never love him back. Kenny panicked, wrenching himself away from Sharky. And it became worse.

A look of confusion crossed Sharky's face, and he furrowed his brows. He even looked sad, and god it wasn't fair, because he was still so fucking beautiful. Kenny stood up abrubtly, his body going cold without Sharky, and without saying another word he picked up his coat and practically bolted out the door.

The others could be heard calling his name in confusion and concern, but he didn't care, walking as fast as he could to his car and fighting off the tears that stung his eyes. And before he knew it he could hear somebody shouting his name from the doorway.

"KEN!"

Oh fuck.

Kenny ignored Sharky's voice, walking away, but he was faster. He ran down the driveway, catching up to him easily. Sharky's hand wrapped around his wrist gently and he pulled him around to face him.

"What's the matter, love?" He questioned, and curse him, because his voice was all soft and he was shivering from the cold and all Kenny wanted was to grab him and kiss him and have him forever. He felt the tears coming, and a single one spilled down his cheek before he ran away from Sharky to his car.

The man was still calling his name when he slammed the car door and drove away, not looking back and wiping away the hot tears that streamed down his face.

_______________________________

1670 words

U LOT IM SO SORRY THIS TOOK HARRY PINERO'S WHOLE LIFE SPAN TO COME OUT I WAS SO UNMOTIVATED

anyway i hope u um enjoyed 😇💗

ty all sm for ur commenting and votes🫶🏽

ANYWAY BYE LOVES SEE U WHEN THE NEXT CHAP COMES OUT💓💓