Tied Together With a Smile

A/N Yes, I will title the chapters after Taylor Swift songs. For those who don't like Taylor Swift, there's not much else besides the chapter title. Anyways, this story is set in an alternate timeline where Solangelo never started and ToA never happened. I have another ship with Nico in this so... just wait and see.

.

.

.

.

My three days in the infirmary were up. Gods, it was torture. Will would never stop talking. I mean, he's sweet and all but he's just too much. He makes me eat three full meals and I feel like throwing up after finishing. But I hide the pain, for him. Surprisingly Percy didn't hate my guts after I told him about my crush on him. And he didn't tell anyone about it. Phew.

Jason was really nice about everything. But then it happened. The praise I got stopped. It was only a week. New record I guess. Everyone started looking at me as if I would steal their souls (which is way too much paperwork for me to even WANT to do). I hated it. No one looked at me like they did the others. I smiled and tried to look nice but no one noticed. I kept on that smile to pretend even to myself that I'm a good person. I noticed it was bad for my mental health so I did the logical thing to do. I ran away. Well, I Shadow-Traveled away but same thing.

I didn't know where I was going. I just wanted to get away from... here. I can't call it home. I can't get attached. When I opened my eyes it was raining. I looked around and it hit me. "No... This is the worst place to end up! UGH!" I yelled, kicking a rock. I was in Gotham. It was so terrible here that monsters purposefully steered clear.

I started walking. I didn't care where, I just needed to get my head clear. I didn't even notice the thug until it was too late. I was pulled into an ally way by some rando and he threw me to the ground. I was gonna attack him but someone behind me unsheathed a knife and stabbed me with it. I fell to the ground and got beat up until I heard a swooshing sound. I heard the guys scream but I couldn't open my eyes. It burns, being stabbed.

I felt someone pick me up and carry me somewhere. Eventually I opened my eyes to see a grown ass man carrying me somewhere. He dropped to the ground and I saw a sign that said "Foster Care" I tried to move but I was just to tired and ended up closing my eyes.

.

.

.

.

.

I woke up to a throbbing pain in my lower back. I look around and see someone calling out my name. I follow them and see a man in a suit at the front desk. "Mr. Wayne. Your new child." My eyes opened wide. CHILD!? I did not consent to this!

I saw him walking up to me and he smiled. "So, wanna head to your new home?"

No. I don't. But I don't have much say in the matter so I just get in his car and soon enough we're at a mansion. "Where are we?"

"Your new home." My new dad said. I already had a dad, I don't need another one. I also have a step-mom so I'm booked.

Suddenly I heard a voice echo in my head, "He will be your new father. I'm not letting my son fall into the hands of others. Not after Minos. The only reason your alive is because I-" He hesitated at this "-pointed him in the right direction."

This was my dad's doing!? UGH! Of course it was. Why wouldn't it be? I turned back to my new dad and I saw an older man standing where he was, "Master Nico, please follow me." Master? That title was new. I followed the old man into the house and I see four boys talking to my new dad. Great, I thought. I'm gonna have siblings.