14

I spent weeks trying to find Voldemort's mothers bracelet with no luck. I was currently packing my small bag, filling it with the necessaries I had collected over the past few weeks. Clothes, wand, money. I tried to never stay in the same place for more than a day.

As i left the hotel i went to the alleyway beside it and aperated with a twist

When I landed, I left the alleyway and was met with the sight of a very poor and shabby orphanage.

"No wonder he turned out evil as fuck. This place looks horrible."

I sighed and walked up to the door. The moment I knocked, a small child opened the door.

"Yes?" she asked. She looked to be five or so.

"Hi," I smiled at her, "I was wondering if I could see the matron. Do you know where she is?"

She nodded, "this way." She led him down a few halls and stopped in front of a door. "She's in there."

"Thank you." she nodded and ran off.

I knocked and a grumpy voice called out, "come in."

I walked in and sat across from the lady sitting at her desk.

"What?"

"Hello, I was wondering if you could tell me about a child who you took care of in the past."

She thought for a moment. "We aren't supposed to by law but this place is probably going to be shut down soon enough anyways so why not, who do you want to know about?"

"Tom riddle. He was my uncle and he recently passed and I believe something he left to me is here. Before he passed he said he hid his mothers bracelet here to keep it safe."

When his name left my mouth the woman's eyes darkened, "riddle? Oh he was a struggle. Yes, wheel if he's kicked the bucket already it was probably for the best, sorry."

"Don't be, i greatly disliked him."

"Yes, well, why don't we show his old room, no ones in there today, it's been empty since he was there, anytime we tried to put someone there they come screaming and crying they want a different room."

Yep, sounds like something he'd do.

"That would be wonderful." I flashed her a smile and she stood to show me to his room.

We walked down a few halls and it took everything in me not to gag from the mould in the walls.

We came to a stop after a few minutes and she pointed at the door. "This one, i'm not going in there, but i'll be back in my office if you have any other questions, leave when you find what you're looking for."

She walked away and I opened the door. Immediately after walking in, the smell of mould was gone. The walls were cleaner and the light was decent.

I got my wand out and muttered a spell that senses dark magic. The floor darkens as with the walls and in one corner a glowing light shined and the spell faded away. I walked over to the spot on the wall that had been glowing and touched my wand to the wall.

"aperi et veni ad me" the wall opened slightly and a bracelet came out. It was a snake twisting around til its head met its tail.

I could feel the dark magic radiating off of it. I stuffed it into my bag and closed the wall back up.

I left the room and made my way out of the orphanage. Just as I was about to walk outside someone spoke.

"Bye." I turned and saw the little girl waving.

"Bye." I said with a smile.