1.2

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

"ᵀᵃᵏᵉ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵒʷⁿ ᵃᵈᵛⁱᶜᵉ ᵃˢˢʰᵒˡᵉ."

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

"Hey." 

"Hi." Gabriella smiled up at one of her best friends as he passed her a hot chocolate as they stood outside school, students walking past and getting dropped off by stony-faced parents in shiny cars. 

"Why'd you walk?" Marcus asked as the pair walked slowly through the main doors, treading the familiar path to the back sports field, dodging people as the meandered down the corridors. 

"I didn't. Bus." Gabriella answered, sipping her hot chocolate and letting it burn her tongue. She wasn't popular really, more like someone every knew and liked and left to it. She was good in class, nice to people and helped when she could, but was never one for drama and preferred to stay in her little bubble of friends than venture out to the scary world of catty teenage girls. 

"From where?" Marcus scoffed, drinking his own coffee and pulling subtly on his tie to calm himself. Mornings were never good for him, and today was too much already, his emotions too scattered for him to try and collect. His arms hurt with the feelings. 

"Star's hollow. I moved in with my sister." Gabriella watched him out of the corner of her eye, keeping her voice low and steady, knowing the sound would soothe him slightly. It was best to ignore him when he was like this, just not make a fuss. If it got worse, she knew what to do. But right now, telling him about her sister would do. "Mom and Dad made me." 

"Oh." He said, drinking his coffee. "Sorry, that was a bad response to that." He chuckled, slightly embarrassed, "How are you? Is she nice? Do you like it?" 

"It's okay. She has a daughter my age. Like born same year, born two months apart age. She's joining Chilton on Monday. Rory." Gabriella told him, as they turned right and walked across the playing field to the benches on the other side where they could see Leah and Demi already. 

"Do you have to take the history test today?" Marcus asked, loosening his tie before pulling it again, harsh enough to make him feel it but not too much that it pulled his neck and head forward. 

"Yeah. Was it easy?" 

"Just everything we revised." Marcus hummed, drinking his coffee again, crumpling the cup when he was done.

"Hey Gabs, I caught Leah up on everything." Demi greeted as they reached the bench, clutching a cup of her own, probably containing iced tea. 

"Yup, I know everything. C'mere." Leah sighed, opening her arms and letting the slightly shorter girl hug her. Gabby giggled slightly as the beads laced in her friends hair knocked against her forehead. "How are you?" Leah asked, smoothing her friends hair and holding her at arms length, looking over her. She was very much the mom of the group and it showed.