33. BAD OMEN

So, Ron was officially away now.

"The lady of the Ubarr told me to join her, so we will go to pick her up before heading for the plaza," Cale told the Coachman and South in the morning. "Prepare the carriage accordingly."

South thought that was odd, but he obeyed and went to prepare accordingly.

He knew little about this event other than there were bombs. Did this happen... yes, he recalled a scene of Cale talking to the lady of the Ubarr. It was a scene to set up his later journey to the coast where he would get his next Ancient Power.

Of course, the story wouldn't go into such details like the morning arrangements. Surely, this must have happened in the story, then?

Odd. If she was the one that invited him to join her, then wouldn't she be the one coming to pick Cale up? Or was it an etiquette thing?

(It was impossible to know for South. He didn't have photographic memory, okay, he only skimmed the manhwa! Just his luck, it's not like he could just know what places the Henituse coachman was supposed to be and where he wasn't! Some stories don't care enough about the horses to even draw them in sometimes, okay!)

...South felt uneasy. Usually, he wouldn't even be close to the plaza when things happened, but now, he had to go to accompany his seonbae, since he couldn't be alone in a crowded place like the plaza frequented by so many people.

Anyone with an apprentice would definitely bring it, it's a very stressful place for carriage drivers. Especially with so many nobles around, it was common to have at least two people there so the horses won't act up.

But why were things playing out so South had to be at the plaza?

...he's probably thinking too much.

He'll just keep away from everything happening, and it'll be fine... right?

-

They dropped Cale off outside the plaza, and then he met up with the other Northeast nobles to head inside with the Royal Carriage.

Now they just had to wait for them to be done, and pick them up afterward.

"You can go look around the food stalls, South. I'll be here," Coachman Leon assured. "We'll take shifts going around and watching the carriage, alright?"

"Okay..." South was still uneasy. He could tell the horses were, too.

But the horses could sense the unrest from the dragon and the children, who were hurrying around with Rosalyn and Choi Han to disarm bombs.

All should go as the story dictates, after all. South wasn't important enough to make any changes to the story. Nothing has changed.

Nothing has changed... except that one time, Rosalyn's magic faltered. But it wasn't a big deal. It was easily fixed. Sure, Cale would be in danger later, but he had his shield. He would spit up some blood, but his Ancient Powers will keep him safe.

"Seonbae, can I go inside?"

His instincts were screaming at him that he had to go inside there, and get involved. So, South decided that he won't doubt those instincts. Right now he was so uneasy his hair was going to go white, honestly. No sense in staying still while feeling like this.

His instincts have kept him alive. So he'll obey them.

It would be worse if one of the main cast gets hurt instead, so South will make sure to take their place.

"Hmm? Well, that's fine. Go in and have fun," Coachman Leon told him. "Young Master's guests are in there, right? Then make sure they're in sight of you at all times."

"Yes, yes."

The only thing he thought as he went in and followed the line of food stalls was, ah, whatever this bad omen is, it's probably going to hurt, isn't it?

"I'm going to jinx it intentionally this time. So stupid dramatic irony, you better not touch the Young Master or the kids, alright? I'm the one you want."