Love (Act 2)

He took a deep breath, letting the wind force the amber waves of grain to wash over him with a content sigh. The sun was high, shining above all in its reigning glory. Oh, how he had missed the sun. A decent source of light, compared to the burning fires of hell that used to be around him. Honestly? He wouldn't mind staying here. It would be...better, than the current circumstances. After all, who would rather fight someone with the power of seven souls in his hands instead of stay here? Sure, it was a TV, but who cared?...

Maybe his soul did, because he kept feeling a sharp pain rush through him. Or maybe that was the feeling of rotting skin on his stomach, an infected wound he had never bothered to deal with. He didn't really mind, though. If he fell ill, he fell ill. If he died? Who'd care? If anything, he felt it would be a blessing to his little group. After all, that...THING...had been right. His mother had grown weak, his lover daft from being around him. He nullified their skills, made them soft and docile like he was. He had LET his sibling's lover DIE. If he didn't deserve to die for that crime, he wasn't sure what to trust within the justice system.

‎‎‎‎‎‎‎The bard closed his eyes, soaking up the feeling of the sun against his skin, the dirt against his arms as he laid on his back, dark legs tucked close to him. Quite frankly, he enjoyed the sunlight against his fur. It made him feel calm. But maybe he was feeling so...down? Numb? because he had forgotten his medications. Again. But part of him wondered if he would be better off without them. After all, he didn't want to get addicted....again. But he'd leave all the thinking to his partner. He always seemed to have the logical answers, spared him the bit of thinking. Of course, the thought of the sorcerer caused the bard's mind to drift...

Those ever changing eyes, that light brown hair that reminded him of the amber wheat around him, that silly smile he always gave...the laugh that made the bard so giddy inside, creating a longing to make him giggle as much as possible. The way his glasses framed his face, showing off every little detail in his eyes. Honestly, the bard could stare forever if time let him. Alas, he couldn't. He couldn't freeze time to forever remain with him, in a moment that would last forever.

But for now? He could relish every chance he got, every touch, every kiss, soaking in every moment until his soul gave out. It could be today, it could be 70 years from now. He didn't know, but he didn't really care either. He was just happy that he had met the other, that he had finally found someone to love...and someone who loved him just the same, no matter what he did or who he was...A love he never wanted to let go of...