The next step 💖💖

Start from the beginning

Brother : Mom is trying her best to distract her.

Heeseung purposely didn't tell Y/n when he will come back to surprise her. So he asked his family for help.

Heeseung : What excuse did you guys make?

Dad : We just invited her to dinner to spend time, we told her we had to meet up with someone and buy some groceries too.

Brother : Also, Y/n has been asking mom to teach her how to cook some dishes. So that's one reason that we don't have to make up.

Heeseung : I'm getting nervous, I don't know why.

Brother : Just relax bro.

Dad : You have nothing to worry about, son.

Meanwhile at Heeseung's parents' house, Y/n and his mom are spending their time preparing dinner.

Mom : Have you heard from Heeseung yet?

Y/n : I'm afraid not, Mom.

Y/n calls Heeseung's parents mom and dad too.

Y/n : Has he called you?

Mom : He did a couple of days ago, he said he'll be home next week.

She lied to Y/n.

Y/n : I see.

Mom : He did mention that he will tell you, maybe he's busy these days.

Y/n : I guess so.

She replied with a sigh.

Mom : You must have missed him so much.

Y/n just smiled at her and nodded.

Y/n : You must have been worried about him too, mom. He's your son, after all.

Mom : Well, I'm getting used to it by now. Even before his enlistment, he would practice, work, and go on tour for months. But it was harder when he was still a trainee and when he went to I-land, seeing him struggling alone and working so hard to reach his dreams.

Mom : But thankfully, he's not alone anymore. He has his members and he has you. Thank you Y/n.

Y/n : I didn't do much, mom.

Mom : Staying by his side with full support and loving him unconditionally is more than enough for me.

Y/n : Mom, I have never thanked all of you for treating me so nicely. I can never thank you enough.

Heeseung's mom has never thought what it would be like to have a daughter. So when he introduced her, she couldn't be happier.
Now she considers Y/n as her own.
Partially because she can see how much her son loves her, and partially because Y/n's parents died when she was young and she has no one.

Mom : You don't have to thank me. I'm glad Heeseung found you, now I have a daughter too.

They said and hugged.
Soon the sound of a car's engine could be heard.

Mom : Oh, they're back. I'll go and grab the groceries, can you handle the kitchen alone in the meantime?

Y/n nodded and Heeseung's mom went outside to greet her youngest son.

After they hugged, Heeseung quietly went inside to hide in the bathroom near the dining room, preparing to surprise Y/n, as the rest pretended to be oblivious and went back to their own activities.