Chapter 1 - Delhi to Mumbai

As the early sun cast its golden rays through the window of Y/N's room, she stirred, her eyes still half-shut against the brightness. Before she could fully awaken, her aunt Devika gently tapped her on the shoulder, her soft voice breaking through Y/N's sleepy state.

"Good morning, beta," Aunt Devika said with a smile, gently shaking Y/N awake. "Aaj hamare paas ek bada din hai, (We have a big day today)." Y/N turned to the other side and pulled the blanket over her head, hoping to steal a few more moments of sleep.

When suddenly her aunt started singing some religious song, which annoyed her. "Badimaa, please," Y/N mumbled from under the blanket. "I just need a few more minutes."

But Aunt Devika continued singing, filling the room with the melodious hymn. Y/N sighed in resignation, realizing that sleep was now out of reach. 

Aunt Devika said with a playful smile, "Tum ab bacchi nahi rahi, tum 31 saal ki mahila ho, (You're not a kid anymore, you're a 31-year-old woman)," and then continued, "aur tum abhi bhi bilkul lakdi ki tarah soti ho, (and yet you still sleep like a log)."

"Badimaa, I don't normally sleep like this," Y/N protested. "I was just tired from all the packing I had to do yesterday. I slept at 3 am yesterday."

"Thik hai, thik hai, (Okay, Okay). " "I will get going then. Please get changed and come downstairs for breakfast." Aunt Devika replied.

Then, Aunt Devika left the room and left y/n in her room.

Y/N Pov - Part 1

"Gosh, I need to get ready," I said to myself as I hurried to the bathroom. I quickly went through my normal morning routine, starting with my skincare and makeup.

After finishing in the bathroom, I went to my wardrobe to pick out an outfit for the day.

The outfit that I picked was red-embroidered white blouse with beige khaki pants and grey sneakers.

This is the outfit that I found on Pinterest, which I thought would be good, but if you don't like it, please feel free to imagine whatever you like

"Don't I look so good?" I said to myself with a smile as I admired my reflection in the mirror. After putting on some perfume, I made my way downstairs.

As I was going down the stairs, my mom called out, "Y/N! Why were you late?" She emerged from the kitchen, carrying a tray of food, and joined me at the main table.

"I'm sorry, Mumma," I replied. "I slept in because I was packing. We're moving to Mumbai today right?"

"Yes, beta," my father answers. "We will be flying today, and all our stuff has been moved to our new house in Bandra West."

"I see, papa" I replied, nodding. I then sit down at one of the chairs and I feel a mix of excitement and nervousness about the move.

 It was going to be a big change, but I had always wanted to live in Mumbai. My best friend, Arjit, lived there. He was an actor who moved to Mumbai after completing university. We had been childhood friends since grade 1, ever since then we have been inseparable. However, as he moved to Mumbai to pursue his acting career, we drifted apart. I was focused on my dream of becoming a journalist and TV reporter, which I achieved by working for the Star Plus channel branch in Delhi. When I got the news that my dad was shifting his jewellery company headquarters to Mumbai, I saw it as a sign. I applied for a vacancy at ZeeTV and got it.