Chapter 9

Y/n's POV

Damn. When Nami brought up the topic of my mom I got all those terrible memories back. I know that Nami meant best but my mother had done terrible things to me. Damn woman didn't even call me her daughter.

(9 years ago)

"Mom~" I called out.

"Where are you?" I asked before I entered her room. Once I entered I noticed my mom curled up in a corner. Oh no. She drank again. She gets violent when she drinks.

I noticed she had a knife in hand, but I don't want to anger her like last time.

She started drinking a few months ago and has had a huge problem of it now. She got up and staggered her way to me.

"Hey (y/n) honey, c'mere, ok?" She said as she brought the knife up to her face. She looks scary.

"M-mom? What are you doing? Should I call a do-" I was cut off by her stabbing me in the shoulder.

"I'm sorry honey," She said and took the blade out of my shoulder "you were a useless child." She finished and kicked me on my shoulder, pushing me onto the floor.

"M-mom why are you doing this?" I forced out through gasps for air.

"You remind me of that man. Your father. He left out for an adventure when I was expecting you! You are such a nuisance. Just die already!" She screamed. Then she broke down and started thrashing and kicking whatever she could around her like a toddler.

"I hate you..." She stood up with hat in her eyes.

With that she brought the blade up to her chest and stabbed her heart.

I ran out of the house and tracked into the woods. It was dark and cold. I was so hungry since I wasn't fed yet.

I kept walking till I tripped on a pile of leaves. I decided to make a bed out of those leaves and began picking them up to a more dry place when I found a weird looking fruit.

It was a light blue color and had shapes on it that resembled a hand in the position you would put when using string puppets. With how hungry and desperate I was, I went to a nearby creek, washed it and took a bite out of the odd fruit. I almost gagged at the way it tasted but food is food.

Once I finished eating the fruit I felt as if a new rush of power went through my veins. What was this?

I ran through the jungle and eventually found a shelter. There I began a new life.

You guys! I know this book isn't finished but I started a new one! Go check it out on my acc. Please I just got the idea in the morning while I was staring at my roof. I got up and screamed 'write that down! Write that down!' help. Anyways Love y'all stay safe and be kind 🤍