Shadow flew onto his shoulder and affectionately rubbed his head against Harry's head.

"Yeah," Harry laughed. "you too buddy." Harry said as he raised a hand and stroked him. After a minute or so of relaxation Harry stood up and walked out of the room while Shadow stayed and settled on his perch, Harry walked down to the kitchen, he was about to open the door when he heard the sound of laughter. He slowly opened it and saw James sitting on his chair and giggling along with Fleur who sat next to him. A smile appeared on Harry's face before he could even consider stopping it. "Hi guys." Harry said as he walked into the room.

"Hello Arry." Fleur smiled and walked over to kiss him on the lips while James instantly stopped laughing and sat up straighter.

"I see you two are enjoying yourselves." Harry commented as he sat down at the table. "I am glad," He added, mostly for James's sake. "would have been really awkward if you two did not get along."

"You need to eat," Fleur said to Harry as she levitated a plate of food over and guided it so it landed right in front of Harry. "I hope you enjoy it."

"You are going to make me fat." Harry half-heartedly complained.

"You burn it off anyway." Fleur countered.

"Fair enough." Harry said as he began eating. "Are you two hungry?"

"We have eaten," Fleur said, smiling at his concern for them. "unless James would like some more?" She offered to James who politely shook his head to say no. "Arry," Fleur said to Harry. "I was thinking that perhaps James would benefit from having a pet." Harry paused, the spoon in his hand was halfway between the plate and his mouth. Harry slowly put it down and looked between Fleur and James before he settled on Fleur.

"You sure?" Harry asked.

"Well you have Shadow." Fleur reminded him.

"Shadow is not a pet," Harry replied. "he is basically my brother."

"Yes, and don't you think James could benefit from such a relationship?" Fleur raised an eyebrow at Harry. Harry looked at her for several moments before he turned to James who squirmed under his gaze.

"If you get a pet then you will look after it," Harry said to James. "you will feed it, you will care for it, you will clean after it. If I have to then I will show you how to do it but I am not going to do it each and every time, understand?" Harry said, his voice somewhere between soft and firm.

"Y...yes." James nodded.

"I will get you one tomorrow then." Harry said before he turned back to his food, he pretended not to notice the slight upward curve of James's lips just like how he pretended not to notice the giant smile on Fleur's face.

"T...thank you." James said, his eyes wide with disbelief.

"Thank your stepmom." Harry said as he gestured to Fleur who gasped in surprise and shock, she looked at him with teary eyes. "What?" Harry shrugged. "You basically are." Harry found himself taken by surprise as Fleur quickly rushed forwards and wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him into a hug.

"James has been given his own room so you are going to be rewarded tonight!" Fleur whispered in a seductive voice in his ear, though she managed to make sure that it was low enough for James to not hear. She suddenly stood up and winked at Harry. "Good night James." She kissed James on the forehead before walking past Harry. "I will be going to bed." She said but Harry found it rather hard to miss out on what she really meant.

Later that night after James had been left in his room Harry had returned to his own room only to find a naked Fleur, sitting in his bed and covered by the bed sheets.