11. Accident! 🌸

"I'm gonna find you Lou!" Harry calls out through the house. Him and Louis were playing hide and seek, and they'd decided that the winner gets to choose what's for dinner.

"Where's my baby, hmm?" He shouts, and walks around the house, checking all the hiding spaces.

*Louis' view*

Louis hears Harry's voice echo through the walls, and he knows he's getting closer to finding him. He runs as fast as his little feet can take him away from Harry's voice, to take him to another hiding spot.

What he doesn't realise, is that there's a table infront of him. Louis catches his foot on the chair leg, gets pulled backwards by it, and smacks his cheek on the hard floorboards. Something smashes onto the floor, but he's more scared for his cheek right now.

Louis lets out a huge cry of pain, tears already pouring down his face.
"Daddy!" He sobs and screams.

Harry hears his cries, and sprints upstairs to find Louis screaming bloody murder while laying on the floor. There's a picture frame on the floor, obviously smashed as there's glass around it.

"Woah, baby. What happened?" Harry crouches down and sweeps him off the ground, watching out for the glass.

"Hey, calm down, sweetheart. It's okay, I'm here. Let's sit down, yeah?" He brings them over to their shared bedroom for when Louis is out of headspace, and lays them down on the bed.

"Daddy hurts!!" Louis struggles to catch his breath and starts coughing, while still crying.

"Lou, take a breath. Breathe with me, " Louis inhales a little better, "That's right, good boy. Can you point for Daddy where it hurts?" Harry addresses gently.

"H-hurting" Louis points to his right cheek where he hit the floor. It's gone a bit purple with the bruising.

"Oh dear, that looks like it hurts a lot. Your a brave boy aren't you? Daddy's brave boy." Harry whispers to calm down his cries, while rubbing a hand up and down Louis' back. He quickly takes Louis' shirt off, as his forehead feels a little too warm.

"Daddy off?" Louis pulls on Harry's shirt, probably wanting skin to skin contact to calm down.
"Yeah, love" He answers, and peels his shirt off too. Louis lays down on top of Harry's chest, feeling better already.

"Your cheek feeling better, babe?"

"Still hurts daddy" Louis' eyes tear up again.
"Hey, hey. No more tears, okay? Your a strong boy" Harry says, standing up with Louis in his arms.

"Where we go daddy?" Louis asks.

"To help your cheek feel less painful." Harry doesn't tell Louis about the picture frame when he sees it out of the corner of his eye, as it'll probably make him upset again.

They head over to the kitchen, where Harry takes out an ice pack from the freezer. Louis looks at the packet, eyes wide.
"No, daddy" He whispers, moving his face away from it.

"Come on, love, it'll help your cheek get better. I'll hold in on there for 5 seconds and then take it off. If you don't like it you don't have to have it ok? What did we talk about the other day, hmm?"

Louis whimpers in Harry's arms, wriggling to try get down. "Louis. What did we talk about?" He uses his daddy voice on him.

Louis whispers something, but it was inaudible to Harry. "I can't hear you, Lou"

"We talk about trying new things and give it a chance" Louis says a bit louder.

"Good boy, so, let's give the ice pack a try, and see if you want to keep it on your cheek." Harry says gently, pressing the ice onto Lou's bruised cheek.

Louis flinches at the coldness of it, but stays put for Harry. A couple more seconds go by, before he speaks up, "Daddy no more."

"Alright baby, no more." He answers, and puts the pack back in the freezer.

"Lou, sweetie, I need to do something upstairs quickly, so be a good boy and wait here for me, yes? Can you build me a tower with your bricks?" Harry asks.

"What daddy do upstairs?" Louis tilts his head and sits down on the floor.

"Just cleaning something up, stay here please" He says, before heading upstairs.

He rummages through the bathroom cabinets until he finds a dustpan and brush, and goes to clean up the glass.

First, he gets all the big shards, then sweeps up the little bits. The picture frame is still facing down, so he flips it back upright to reveal the picture of Harry, Gemma and his mum together.
He sets the frame back on the table, ignoring the fact that there isn't any glass in there, and heads back downstairs to throw away the glass.

He gets back to see Louis laying asleep on the floor, still shirtless like himself, sucking on his thumb sweetly. So he gently picks him up and takes him to have a peaceful sleep.

***

Hope you liked itttt. I realised the other day that this book has over 1000 reads, I can't say how grateful I am, so thank you so so much.

Send me some chapter ideas if you have any! Thanks again. :)

-A