chapter 13: Times of... (2/2)

Start from the beginning

Ah?

So now I'm a helper in that representative mind? How delightful, it could have been worse. Without much delay, Saiki shake his head and turn back to look at his stolen borrowed watch.

[ I'm only here to watch ] Saiki dry reply didn't left much for conversation.

It wasn't rude in his opinion but must be clear enough so that Toji should understand him not wanting to be involved in this whole mess, right?

" ... How nice-" Toji sneered, having his conclusion confirmed his hand tightened around the blade on his side.

Its seems not.

" -Sorry to say it's unnecessary and unappreciated. Tell your boss to prepare the payment, I'll be dropping by very soon". Even with the blade mere inch away from his neck, Saiki didn't flinch away.

Only questioning if his word strikes a nerve or something, or else why would he faced such obvious disdain from the man.

" At least you can do that now can't you? " Toji ordered, he didn't even put the blade away.

[ No.I'm not a -] Maybe there's some misunderstanding here, Saiki tried to explain that he truly wasn't paid by the cult but Toji didn't let him finish his sentence.

" What a shame I almost thought you were smart, " Toji taunted, he swung his arm moving to plunge the cold metal blade into Saiki throat.

Saiki dodged aside, Toji almost hit him with the hilt of his sword " Not bad, sadly I have no mercy for anyone who gets in my way. " Toji mused, his movements becoming faster and faster as he slashed rapidly.

" No even you, kid. "

Clearly. With you willingness to put a bounty on a middle schooler and assassinating her for a quick bucks. I'm sure your not messing with me.

[ Is this mission even worth it. ]

Just as Saiki grabbed the incoming blade to prevent it from piercing his eye, Toji twisted it and kicked Saiki away, forcing him to let it go.

" Money talks, kid. You would know eventually" Toji groaned, hiding the slight ache on his feet as he backed away.

The young boy slide a few distance before he stopped, deadpan eyes stare back at Toji slightly widen eyes. With palm lack of any scratch nor blood, Saiki straighten from his crouch, things has gone way to out of hand.

[ Is that so, good to know]

Eyes moving to look at his watch, it showed 15:00 .

It's time. Both Toji and Saiki stopped their attack at the same time when a group approach closer.

[ What a great timing ] Saiki comment fell on deaf ears.

Ignoring the dimwitted child, Toji grinned widely as he steps closer.

Waiting for the right moment before appering behind Gojo at lightning speed, intending on stabbing the blade into his chest but it didn't even manage to pass the invisible barriers surrounding Gojo.

Tsk, Toji clicked his tongue. He didn't expect that the Gojo family brat actually had quite a good instincts even after 2 days of no confrontation.

A waste of time then.

Who's this? Gojo thought before dodging another attempt by Toji. " You're awfully familiar, have we met before?" His nonchalant question as he move around carelessly yet with a sturdy grace only someone who had trained relentlessly could manage, annoyed Toji greatly.