THE REUNION

After having a rather giggly conversation with her mum and Hermione about love potions, Ginny joined Fred and George in one of the Ministry cars which was to take them to King's Cross. She remembered her twelve year old self being disappointed that she couldn't go with the Trio and chuckled internally.

She enjoyed her ride with the twins, poking fun at each other and also suggesting some pranking ideas of her own. All the while her excitement at meeting her friends grew.

Soon, they reached the station and were unloading their trunks and once they reached the wall barrier between the platforms, they set off in pairs.

Like the last time, her dad and Harry went first followed by Percy and herself. Harry and Ginny shared a laugh at Percy's expense. She had forgotten about Percy's girlfriend Penelope Clearwater.

After catching her breath, she turned her head and her eyes caught the first glimpse of the Hogwarts express in this timeline.

She didn't think the mere sight of a train would make her emotional but it did. She mentally shook herself, told her mum she'd find herself a compartment and be right back and boarded the train. She quickly searched for Neville and Luna as she searched for an empty compartment. Once she found one, the one they had travelled in their last two years of the past, she put a repelling charm on it so that only she, Neville or Luna can come near it and went back to join her family.
She noticed her father taking Harry aside for a word and knew that it had to be about Sirius.

"Ginny dear, come here," her mother called. "Now, I know it might be a bit difficult this year but remember you are strong and anytime you want to talk, just send me an owl. Make sure you study well. Keep your brothers in line for me, will you?" she was saying.

Fred, George and Ron who had heard the last part snorted. Their mother threw them a look that shut them up.

"Take care, dear. I'll see you soon," she said.

"I'll miss you, Mum. I love you"

"I'll miss you too and love you. After all, you are my favorite daughter," she replied with a wink.

Her brothers laughed at that.
"I'm your only daughter," she countered naturally. "Bye mum"

Her mother kept glancing at her father and Harry and she knew it was time to board the train again. They got in as the train started to move. Once Harry got in too, they stood there waving till the train turned the corner and blocked the station from view.

Ginny was literally bouncing with excitement and anticipation. Soon after the train turned around the corner she waved her farewell to the other three and quickly made her way to the compartment.

"I need to talk to you in private," Harry muttered to Ron and Hermione.

"Go away, Gi-" Ron stopped when he saw no Ginny. 'Where'd she go?' he thought, then mentally shrugged, before starting to look for a compartment with the other two.

            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Neville boarded the train and soon began the search for Ginny and Luna. As he was passing a compartment, he felt the magic around it. The others seemed to not take notice and when he looked closer he could tell that it was a repelling charm. He also realized with a jolt that it was the same compartment they had travelled in during their last two years at Hogwarts. Without waiting he went inside and decided to wait for the one who put up the charm to return.

              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ginny was walking down the corridor when she noticed a familiar head of dirty-blonde hair. A closer look confirmed it was Luna.