Can you hear me now?

Start bij het begin

"What? Oh yeah I'm fine."

Hanna came back with a big smile. "He has to be in New England, but he's making a special trip out to see us." She told me.

"It's ... it's great Hanna!" Aria said a bit unsure.

"What?"

"It's just, do you think he came because of the thing with Sean's car?" Emily asked. To be honest, I was thinking the same thing, I don't care if he comes to see us, he stopped being my father when he cheated on my mom, divorced her, left and didn't give two fucks about his daughters.

"No of course not, we talked about it and it is not at all because of that. And even if it is, all that matters is that he is coming to see us."

"I think I forgot something in my locker, I'll see you guys later." I said suddenl walking away.

After class Hanna dragged me to Spencer's. She wanted to try clothes that would make her look more serious and were definitely not her style.

"I wish I had a sister to steal papers from." Hanna said referring to the fact that Spencer stole an essay from Melissa. That's another thing that bothered me. I mean I knew Hanna didn't think I was dumb, but no one ever thought of me as smart. Despite everything I had good grades and I considered myself smart, but no one expected it from me.

"Using Melissa's paper was supposed to be a stopgap. If I ask Sheldrake to withdraw the essay, he'll know something's wrong." Spencer said.

"Well maybe you won't win." I said. She gave me a look. "Right, I forgot the terms and conditions of the Hastings' DNA."

"Here, try this one." She said handing Hanna a jacket.

"This has to be the perfect outfit." My sister said. "My dad hasn't seen me since I lost the weight."

"That jacket's really not you." I said.

"Then it's perfect." Hanna said.

I furrowed my brows. "I don't understand why you have to change yourself to see dad."

"I'm not changing myself, I just want to show him that despite what happened with Sean's car I can take responsibility for my actions and be mature." I didn't respond. "What are you going to wear?" She asked me.

"I'm not going."

"What? Why?"

"I just don't want to see him. I have no intention to forgive him for abandoning us."

"I'm not asking you to forgive him. But please go to the diner. I can't face dad alone, please do it for me."

Damn it. "Fine." I caved. "But I'm not changing. If he has an issue with what I'm wearing then he can go screw himself."

<><><><>

Mom and Hanna were standing in front of the mirror getting ready for dinner. Normally I would be right there with them but both Hanna and mom wanted my father's attention. However I had decided that since he left, he didn't want my attention and therefore now that he was back I would not give it to him.

The bell door rang and Hanna went to open the door.