Thomas shoots Ky a warning glare.

Ky steps closer to me, not looking intimidated by Thomas at all. "Your friend is right," he says, looking at me. "Looks like you're gonna need stitches. My mom is a nurse, she can stitch it up for you."

"I swear I'm fine," I push on.

"No," Thomas says. "It could get infected, Brooke. We need to get it stitched."

I sigh. "Fine."

"Okay," Ky says, then points down the road. "Down this street, you take a left, then a right, then another right, and then you should see a little blue house on the left of the road. That's my mothers house. I'll be there to show you in." And with that, he starts walking away.

What a mysterious guy, I think.

Thomas and I start walking back to our car, and I look back at the place I wanted to go to for Rachel's gift. Looks like it'll have to wait.

We follow Ky's instructions, and finally come upon a small blue house, just like he mentioned. I see Ky standing by the front door.

Thomas and I get out of the car, and walk up to him.

"Okay, follow me," Ky says, and we follow him into the house.

He leads us into the living room. "Take a seat, and I'll go see if my mother is ready," he says, walking down a hallway.

Thomas and I sit on the couch, and look around the house. Very cozy looking. Various types of doodads occupy the room.

Ky walks back in. "Okay, she's ready."

I nod, then get up and follow him down the hallway. We walk into a room, and then close the door. A table with a bag of medical supplies, and two chairs are the only things that occupy the room. I raise an eyebrow. "Where's your mom?"

"Not here," Ky says, dragging a chair over to the table.

"What? Then how is my wound going to get stitched up?"

"I'm going to stitch it up," Ky replies.

I want to scream at the vague answers he is giving me.

I can tell he senses my frustration, because he then says, "Saying that my mom would do it was just a way to get your boyfriend to calm down. I'm going to stitch it instead."

"Actually, he's my husband," I correct him.

He ignores my remark and pats the chair opposite to the him. "Sit."

I do so, and he pulls out a menacing looking needle and some thread. I cringe.

"Strangely, this is only the second time I've been required to have stitches."

Ky looks up at me, and raises an eyebrow.

I gulp, not wanting to revisit the haunting memory. "Never mind," I mumble.

Ky stares at me for a moment, but then continues with what he was doing.

He puts the thread through the needle then asks me to move my face closer. I do so, and he punctures the needle through my skin, carefully pulling the thread through my flesh. A pricker of pain is felt at first, but I soon tune it out.

After a few minutes, he ties the thread, then cuts off the remaining string. "Done," he says.

"Thank you," I say.

He puts his tools back, then stands up and puts the bag of supplies away. I stand up also, and head for the door. I attempt to open it, but it won't. I jiggle the doorknob, my heart beat racing. I'm trapped!

Then, Ky walks over, an amusing grin on his face, and carefully grasps the doorknob over my hand. He turns the doorknob to the left, then the right, then the right again, and it opens.

He removes his hand. "It's a special door," he says.

"Oh, right..," I say, and feel my cheeks heat up. I quickly step out of the room before he could see my face.

We walk back into the living room where Thomas is patiently sitting on the couch. He stands up and walks over to me. He inspects the stitching job, then nods to Ky.

"Thanks," Thomas says.

Ky doesn't say anything back, and then looks at me for a moment.

Thomas glares at Ky, despite the sincere thanks he'd just given him.

"We'd better go," I blurt out, wanting the tension to cease.

Ky turns around and walks away.

I furrow my brow. Why is he so quiet?

Thomas takes my hand and we exit the house. My wound still screams pain, having a needle pierce it several times, but it is numbed out by my thoughts of Ky.

Thomas and I get in the car and I look over at him. "Now can we get Rachel's gift?" I suggests.

Thomas looks at me, his eyebrows arched. "How about we do it another day and let you relax? We've went from lunch and shopping to stitches in the bloody head," Thomas says.

"Okay, fine," I say.

And with that, we drive away from the bustling city streets and back to our peaceful home, the thoughts of the mysterious Ky still lurking in my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

Woohoo! A new character! Finally!

So, as you can probably imagine, a bit of a love triangle will be going on. Yep, I decided this story needed another conflict. We definitely need to spice this book up since the main antagonist, Haley, is kinda gone right now. Something to keep the story going so I don't have to end it at chapter 23 (like the first book). I'm hoping this book will have 30-40 chapters before it ends? Idk. It depends on how much inspiration I have. And how much you guys are interested.

But just to change topics, let's talk about the new character. I think boys like Ky, aka, the quiet and mysterious types, are hella hot. But not Thomas Sangster hot. Also, did anyone notice how I borrowed Ky's name from another book trilogy? Anyone? No? Oh well. XD Any who, hope you enjoyed and stay tuned!

-crankynewt