꧁༺Chapter 2 ༻꧂

"even it means they'll forever forget you".

The phrase runs on loop inside the young women's head as it starts from whispers to screams of help
till there's nothing but black void of silent for a while as the young women's consciousness is trapped in her head she hears a soft whisper "World.....forget me".

the young women gasp inhaling the air like a new born baby as she sit up whispering the name.

"Rukkhadevata..."

your journey begins

You glance around your area of what it looks like a forest due to the flora surrounding you

but it's all twisted with cliffs and roots from other trees growing everywhere, it's a complete mess compared to what you remember.

Standing up from your laying position you notice that flowers you used to make grow are surrounding you in a small circle , poppies and roses alike was growing , to take a shape of a mattress beneath you which made your slumber a lot comfortable.

But a sound of footsteps on the grass come to your sensitive hearing as you glance towards the noise's source and you see something oddly familiar...

Long ears growing on top of his head colored in black...a fennec fox ?

you remember those fluffy heads you used to adore so much and always play with when stressed or feeling sad, and they never disappoint of putting a smile on your face.

and you almost collapse when you see that what you assumed was an animal is a person standing in front of you as you gaze at him with mouth falling to the floor, 'How come a fennec fox can evaluate to a human form ?!' you thought to yourself but wasn't aware of the stranger fennec fox boy starring at you too in awe of your otherworldly features.

"Umm hello? miss are you okay?"

'HE TALKS TOO ?!' your brain at this point turned into mush.

you can't grasp the reality from dream right now, either you are in hell or you are still sleeping.

you pinch yourself and let a yelp from the hot sense you felt from your 'reality check' and you are not dreaming.

The Fennec fox gets alarmed seeing you pinching yourself as he thinks you might have inhaled something you weren't supposed to inhale.

"sighs I told Haypasia to not roam around using her meditation smoke." the fennec fox boy massages his temples from frustration of the so called 'Hapay..what now' he starts walking closer to you.

As he inches closer and closer you can't help but observing his appearance, he seems to wear a cropped dark blue hoodie with black strings, yellow trim, and red and green details. A large yellow flower adorns his right side, and then a silver badge with a green tassel on his left side.

'odd choice of clothing for an animal-human'.

As he now stands more clearer for view you both standing there with awkward silence for a while, till he decides to break the awkwardness in the air with light conversation.

"Miss did you inhale any strange kind of incense or a smell? felt dizzy and tired all of a sudden after inhaling it?" fennec boy code name you just made asks you with concern for your well-being but what kind of a smoke or a smell would make someone feel dizzy in a short period.

"Umm no I didn't inhale any smoke I was just...sleeping and somehow woke up in this strange messy forest and meeting a wild animal who transformed to a human isn't really helping my case of understanding where I am...".

your sentence seems to catch him off guard
'ANIMAL ?!' he deeply screams 'who is this lady thinking herself is calling me an animal and transformed to a human?' He coughs into his hand and speaks but this time with more stern voice

"Miss. I do not appreciate the sentence you just said and referring to me as a wild animal"

"Umm I'm....sorry ?"

'yeah this lady isn't in her best time of mind' The fox boy thought.

"Let me introduce myself, I'm Tighnari, Forest Watcher of the Avidya Forest."

'Say what now? Avidaya forest what ?' Panic seems to creep onto your heart as it starts pounding faster from your lack of knowledge of this forest.

and it seems it was obvious on your face.

"hey hey...calm down what are you stressed about I'm not going to eat you I'm not 'Wild' like you referred to me" Tighnari never in his life ever found someone passed out in the forest and straight from asking for help they call him a wild animal.

His soft masculine voice sooth your mind for a moment as you take a deep breath, one after another till you are on a calm mindset and replies.

"Umm..I'm just confused on my location and this forest.. Avidaya forest you say? isn't something I ever seen". You take one more glance around the place but return your focus on Tighnari after hearing him suppressing a chuckle placing his hand on his mouth.

"It's not Avidaya forest..it's Avidya forest" he smiles at your cute wrong spelling.

"if you are not familiar with this place then you must be a foreign citizen of one of the other nation ? but your clothes are odd and don't seem to come from any nation as that I never saw them before in my life." Tighnari places his finger on his chin thinking deeply of who you could be.

"Y/N.."you whisper.

"Huh ?.."

"My name...is Y/N"

"Y/N..? that is not a name I came across before...it's beautiful..and sweet". Tighnari looks at you with a small smile on his pale face and you swear for a moment you see hint of admiration in his eyes.

"Well then Y/N, if you are wondering where you, you are in Sumeru"

'HUUUUUHHH ?!!! No holy way he just said that right now ? THIS ISN'T SUMERU' but you can't shake the feeling he's telling the truth to you.

in your eyes rather than looking like a stray fennec fox he seems genuine and honest, and you can't extract any hint of lying or hesitation in his voice knowing fully he speaks honesty.

"U-Um...this is Sumeru ?"

"Yep the nation of knowledge."

"it's..different, I...I don't understand.." you say in a defeated low voice, feeling alienated from your beloved nation and feeling like a stray cat in a big dark city left alone to wonder.

Tighanri senses your sad demeanor as he lifts his hand and pats you on your head, 'her hair...is softer than my tail and silky like flowers' he thinks, you really look like an angel sent from celestia, your features are perfect and your hair is like a field of a great lake full of Nilotpala Lotus blooms.

feeling a warm hand on top of your head sends a shiver down your spine at first but soon it's replaced by calmness and warmth, as you lean more to the touch as your body acts on its own , warping your arms around Tighnari's waist and hugs him close to your frame, Burying your face in the crook of his neck.

'he's so warm like a fennec fox indeed'

Tighanri now is a blushing mess as a strange beautiful looking lady is hugging him closely and tightly and he's even more surprised by his own actions as he holds you like a precious flower fearing it might fly with the wind between his arms.

"I..might not know the cause of this strange action of yours..but if you are scared I promise you it's okay, you got nothing to fear." He brushes your back with his hand which calm you more and his sincere words put you on ease and finally you relax your hold on the the fennec boy as you gaze closely into his eyes.

the poor boy starts blushing more at your cute gaze to his eyes, and it don't go unnoticed by you as you theorize from your experience of taking care of fennecs is if their faces turns a little red they are sick and you know the solution which always worked for you.

slowly you cup Tighnari's red cheeks in your delectate hands and you lift your head and.

'Black void and only a drop of pink liquid falls onto the ground is enough to make a field of desert glows into a beautiful flower field'

You kiss Tighnari's left eye lightly, but strangely his red face becomes more red and his tail wags crazy behind him.

Tighanri can't believe it reached to this point of intimacy and the worst is he isn't doing anything about it, he can't help but to feel like all his worries has disappeared in that angel kiss for a moment.

You place the back of your hand onto his forehead.

"are you sick? Why your face is this red"

'REALLY ?! that's what she thought?' Tighnari inside voice yells.

He then coughs and release you from his arms and you follow along as well, he decide to brush this intimate moment aside and asks you.

"cough... do you have a place to stay ?" he asks you still a little shocked after that moment you shared.

"No I don't..." you decide to lay your true profile low for now till you figure out what happened to the nation.

"Well let's head to Gandharva Ville, it's not very safe roaming around here." He turns around to leave and glance back at you to make sure you are following.

You are confused by his sentence but decides to follow alone, if anything you can't just wonder around aimlessly and with that Tighanri fox guy seems he knows his way around.

as you both walk to this 'Gandharva Ville?' you stare at the flora around you, Flowers you never saw before, trees from unknown kinds.

but your starring scenery was cut short as you bump into Tighnari's back due to his stop.

"Hey are you okay?" he glances at you from the impact.

"I'm fine, I apologize I wasn't looking ahead I was just admiring the strange flora around." You scratch your cheek with your finger.

"Oh it's okay no need to say sorry, all good" he smiles genuinely at you.

"if your interested in the plants and trees when we reach Gandharva Ville I can tell about my knowledge about them" your eyes lit up, you never came across such a gentle soul like this fennec fox boy, he's willing to help a complete stranger learning without a cost or any pay back. A true essence of generosity.

you flash him the best smile at him, and tighnari's eyes widen at the sight, you smile is beautiful more then the sun itself, he swear he almost sees the light radiating from you.

'His brain thinks of you as just a strange lady with a weird yet forward attitude, but his heart sees you as a sun to his world, never in his life a female caught his attention as his heart only beats for knowledge and forest and safety of people,...now seems like it beats for another reason, or someone'

New love interest has been added:
Tighnari.

This image i found changed my whole prespective on Tighnari been a nerd, Bro looks hotter then alhaitham in this drawing my dear god :D