2.𝘼𝙢𝙗𝙖𝙧𝙨𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙮𝙖

Start from the beginning

She asks her father to be on the best behavior including the house help, her brother and her mother, ofcourse. Shoko’s been gone too long and now suddenly, everything feels out of place.

Why did the flowers look so dull? Why is the night too long? Why are tears welling up in her eyes? Didn’t she want this? She was happy for her friend. Really happy.

Shoko tells Utahime everything. Everything.

Utahime Iori and Shoko Ieiri were first neighbours, then classmates, then friends and now practically sisters. Utahime loved Shoko far too much to let her go this easily. When shoko is to step in her house, Utahime would definitely go feral, punch her face maybe, slap her? For sure.

She falls asleep by the charpai on the rooftop, counting stars. Why were there too many out of blue? What has shifted in the bland night sky her rooftop has to offer? Did the moon shine too bright in Lucknow today? Or was it always this way? Is something changing? She doesn’t know.

________________

It’s the morning. The one that Utahime anticipated for years. Shoko’s finally returning home, along with her future husband. When’s a more happier morning?

She hurries through her day time routine, gets dressed, offers her prayers, welcomes the guests, rates the arrangements here and there. Fixes some decors and patrols the porch area.

"Oh masi!! Shoko’s gonna be here! She’s gonna be hereee!!" Utahime could barely breathe. She thinks her face would fall off any minute due to excessive smiling, it hurts.

It takes a phone call for Utahime to dash out of the porch area and run through the stairs, opening the gate wide and stand there, anticipating.

Three cars get parked in the courtyard. Utahime’s mother quickly making way towards the visitors carrying arti ki thaal for the bride and groom to be. She light-heartedly pats Utahime’s head which she returns by a scoff, fixing her braided hair.

As soon as someone steps out of the first car, as if on cue, Utahime rushes to the said person and gobbles Shoko is big tight hug. Wonder how she changed her mind suddenly, last night she swore she’d hit Shoko.

"Shokoooooo!" she recites, as a melody. Shoko equally returns the favour by engulfing Utahime in a giant hug.

"My Gosh; you’ve become a woman now, I must say." Shoko remarked. They pull apart from each other.

Suguru stands there awkwardly. He turns to leave the scene when a hand grabs him from his elbow. "Meet Suguru."

Suguru’s ears turn red, flushed with the sudden attention he’s recieving from others. He smiles and gives Utahime a hand, "Suguru Geto, nice to finally meet you Utahime." She smiles ear to ear, returning him the smile.

He turns to bow down to Utahime’s mom.

Shoko and Suguru stand beside each and complete the puja before they enter the porch area.

"Oh great god! For fuck’s sake get it out already!" A voice cries. It’s someone strange. Nobody Utahime has ever seen before.

The man, clad in a navy blue sequin kurta, yells at the watchman. He then takes it upon himself to carry their bags out and follows them up.

"It’s been so long! Time really flies, huh? Where’s your mom?" Utahime’s mother, Fumiko inquires. Shoko points at the third car. The aforementioned woman walks out of the car.

"Get these for us." Utahime hands the stranger shoko’s bags and continues walking, arms clinging to Shoko’s. She pays no heed to shoko’s words and drags her to the open door.

"You’ve got to be joking here. I am gonna go bonkers. What the actual fuck do you take me for, lady?" Satoru hisses, taking his sunglasses off.

Puzzled, Utahime turns around and begins to question the young man. She huffs her cheeks and walks over to him.

"Well, you have got one hell of an attitude Mr whatever. I’ve been very polite asking you to carry the remaining luggage inside." Utahime reasoned. She didn’t seem to quite understand what his problem was.

The man then shrugs off the luggage onto the ground, making a thud sound and walks off. Utahime’s eyes go wide. She’s never seen someone be this rude to her, ever. She takes it upon herself and reaches for the man’s shoulder, forcing him to turn and face her. He whips himself around, her bracelet falling apart in the process. He’s harsh.

He raises an eyebrow at her. She makes a face. "Well, if you’d have paid some attention, you would have noticed I am certainly not a private servant."

Utahime gulps, her mouth running dry. She flushes in crimson hues, realising her mistake as she notices another middle-aged couple come out of the car, greeting Utahime’s parents. She understands now.

Shoko’s words ring her a bell. 'He’s my friend!’

Without uttering another word she sprints inside her house, too embarassed to face anyone. She curses herself for ruining the man’s day.

🎐

look who finally showed uppp!! this is just the beginning ‼️oh they've met finally😭😭 they're gonna be more annoying than you guys can think 😔🙏🏽
please look forward to the next chapter. ALSO
RAMADAN MUBARAK for anyone observing! 💞💞