34. parents

okay, major time skip btw!

34. parents

The warm afternoon sun filtered through the curtains, casting a golden glow across the living room where Shubman and Nandhini sat with Shreyas as they chatted. Despite the cheerful chatter filling the room, Shubman couldn't shake the nagging feeling that something was amiss with Nandhini.

He stole a glance at her from across the room, his brow furrowing with concern as he noticed the weariness etched on her face. She seemed quieter than usual, her laughter muted as she absently twirled a straw between her fingers.

Shreyas, ever perceptive, also noticed Nandhini's subdued demeanour and turned to her with a worried expression. "Nandhi, is everything alright?" he asked, his voice laced with concern.

Nandhini forced a smile, though it didn't quite reach her eyes. "I'm fine, Shreyas," she replied, her voice lacking its usual cheerfulness. "Just feeling a bit tired all of a sudden."

Shubman's heart clenched at her words, his concern deepening as he watched her struggle to hide her exhaustion. He knew that Nandhini rarely complained about feeling tired, and her sudden change in demeanor raised a red flag in his mind.

"Are you sure you're okay, Nandhini?" Shubman asked, unable to hide the worry in his voice.

Nandhini nodded, though her eyes betrayed the truth. "I'm sure it's nothing, Shubman," she reassured him, though her voice wavered slightly.

But Shubman couldn't shake the feeling that something more was going on beneath the surface. He exchanged a concerned glance with Shreyas, silently communicating his anxiety about Nandhini's well-being.

Shubman's concern deepened at Nandhini's reassurance, but he couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to her fatigue than she was letting on. He furrowed his brow, searching for answers as he gently questioned further.

"Could it be your period cramps acting up?" he asked, his voice tinged with worry.

Nandhini shook her head, a small frown creasing her brow. "No, Shubman," she replied, her voice strained. "My period days aren't for now."

Shubman's worry only intensified at her response, his mind racing with possibilities as he tried to make sense of Nandhini's sudden exhaustion. Before he could voice his concerns, however, a wave of dizziness washed over Nandhini, and she swayed unsteadily in her seat.

"Nandhi!" Shreyas exclaimed, reaching out to steady her. But before anyone could react, Nandhini's eyes fluttered shut, and she collapsed forward, unconscious.

Shubman's heart skipped a beat as he lunged forward, catching Nandhini in his arms before she hit the ground. Panic surged through him as he cradled her limp form, his mind racing with fear and uncertainty.

"Nandhini!" he called out, his voice filled with desperation. "Sweetheart, wake up, please!"Shreyas sprang into action, rushing to Nandhini's side as he checked her pulse and breathing. "She's still breathing," he reassured Shubman, though his own voice betrayed his concern.