Chapter 36- Harmful Memories

Mulai dari awal

No matter what Rafe did, he told Lillian something that he knew was going to break her, and whether it was true or not, he still hurt Lillian on purpose, therefore I wasn't going to give Lillian an extra reason to worry. 

We soon arrived at my house and went upstairs to change into bikinis. As we finished getting ready we both heard the Twinkie pulling in my driveway, everyone getting out of it and yelling our names. 

We both quickly went downstairs and out to the entrance, saying hi to everyone in just our bikinis. I saw Jj check Lillian out as she was hugging Pope and frowned at that sight, not that it was unusual. We all walked to the pool and everyone got into their swimming suits. 

We put some music on and Kie and I went to get some drinks. A few hours of pure fun passed, we swam, danced and just had fun. The girls and I didn't drink because we wanted to be sober for our sleepover but all the boys except for Pope did. 

Jj was being very touchy with Lillian, taking any chance he had to have contact with her or her body, if he wasn't touching her he was staring at her. Although she seemed distant from him, always trying to get out of his grip and never keeping eye contact, I could tell she felt uncomfortable. 

I wanted to do something to help her but my mind was still thinking of the look Rafe gave Lillian. 

It may seem like I was making it a bigger deal than it was but to me, that look was Rafe's way of saying something, probably not intentionally though. 

I remembered what Lillian had asked me to do earlier that morning, with the whole essay thing. That was the perfect opportunity to do some digging. Rafe wasn't home so I took the chance and quickly left the pool heading upstairs. 

"Where are you going,?" John B asks me. "Just upstairs, I'll be back soon," I say to him. I got to Rafe's room and knocked to make sure he wasn't in there, no one answered. 

I opened the door and peeked inside, just to be a hundred percent sure no one was in there. As I entered his room I saw Rafe's computer on his bed, I quickly walked over to the edge of the bed and grabbed the computer, running back to my room as fast as I could without making noises. 

Once I got there, I hid his computer under my bed's covers and quickly checked through my room's windows (that face the entrance of Tanny-Hill) that Rafe wasn't back, he wasn't. I sat on my bed and opened his computer. 

"I hope this works," I mumbled as I typed in Lillian's birthday as a password. I pressed enter and the computer unlocked. Thank god. His password still being Lillian's birthday caught me off guard, a normal person wouldn't keep his ex's birthday as their password, especially if they cheated on them, without apologizing or trying to get them back. 

I was so confused. 

First I did what Lillian actually asked me to do, I went to his files and searched for the word 'Brown', I found an essay and opened the file. I found the dropbox in his email and submitted the essay, before I exited the file I got an idea. 

It was a very nosy thing to do but I knew it would be smart, I didn't have the time to read the whole essay, but maybe it could answer some of the doubts I had. I made a copy of the file and emailed it to myself, and then archived the e-mail, from his account so that he wouldn't see it. 

As I scrolled through his computer to find anything else, I heard someone pulling in the driveway. I saw Rafe getting out of Topper's car, and Topper driving away immediately. They looked like they got along at the tournament, my mind wondered why, Topper was really livid at Rafe yesterday. I quickly hid his computer back under my covers and left my room. 

As I went down the stairs he was going up, "Are your friends here?" he asked, "Yes, don't bother us," I coughed out and he scoffed, going over to his room. I went back to the pool area, and Lillian came up to me.