ch.1

Hundreds of people are standing in a huge and crowded aula, waiting nervously for what now comes.

"We thank you for your will to be apart of us, but we sadly cannot just accept you," A small and green alien wearing sunglasses said in a firm tone. "As you know Tapops is an organisation that protects every living being in this galaxy. Thus also leads to dangerous mission that could harm you. We do not wish to see you fall, so I'm sorry that our expectations are high."

Tapops, a very well known organisation across the galaxy. Hereos amongst greedy villians who wish to use power spheres for their own selfish need. Many celebrates them, calling them their saviour.

As the year passes, the organisation grew bigger. But that also means that they need more members to help them protect this galaxy they all call home.

Which is why an acedemy was built for every voluntarily contestants that wish to join them. Without surprise, many applied and was determined to join. May it be the wish to be heroes, do the right thing, be famous or others. Each of them were accepted into the acedemy. But not all were accepted as a Tapops member.

"But do not be sad, you are free to repeat your semester for a new chance of joining us,"His gaze stayed calm. "May we see each other again."

The box of letters behind him levitated and flew to its receiver. No one said a word, hearts racing from its content.

Once each of them were opened, clatters errupted from the crowds. Some yelled in happiness while some hung their head low. It was clear who were accepted and who wasn't.

A boy with brown hair hesitated, afraid that he will see a familiar content. His heart raced, hands trembling as he slowly opened it, golden eyes traveling through it.

Dear Gempa,

We are more than happy to welcome you as one of us! You may...

He didn't need to read further as his vision blurred with tears, heart finally coming to a slow pace as he let out the breath that he didn't knew he was holding.

"I really made it! After three years.."He mumbled to himself, feeling like a huge weight has been taken away from him as his legs threatened to fall.

After a few minutes of relief he shook his lightheadedness away and made his way to another aula where only those that were accepted can enter.

"I-I'm so-sorry..!"Another boy apologized after bumping into him and almost making them both fall, his green eyes threatening to tear up.

"No, no, it's okay"Gempa quickly reassured, helping them stand up. "Are you okay?"

The boy nodded and wiped away his tears before looking at him. "Y-yes"

Just as Gempa wanted to speak, the voice coming from speakers across the building interrupted him.

"Every accepted contestants please head to aula 002. I repeat, every accepted contestants please head to aula 002."

"Oh no- I have to hurry!"Gempa panicked and rushed towards the said aula. Only to notice that the boy was following him. "Did you get accepted too?"He asked while running as fast as possible through the large crowd.

"Y-yes"He squeaked, almost getting crushed by the crowd as he did his best following him.

"I see"He took his hand and pulled him out of the crowd and into the less crowded hallway. "Then let's go together."

After what felt like eternity, they finally arrived and sighed in relief that they weren't late and forgotten.

"Thank god we made it in time"Gempa whispered under a speech.

"Mhm"The boy nodded, relief clearly plastered on his face.

"You may now enter the assigned spaceship of yours,"An alien standing in front the big crowd---yet not as big as the last crowd---finished their speech.

He opened his letter again, reading it carefully this time until he found the spaceship's number. "I have to go to the third spaceship, what about you?"

"M-me too.."He almost whispered.

"Seems like we will be acquaintance then,"Gempa smiled nicely to him as they walked towards their assigned spaceship. "My name is Gempa, what yours?"

"My name is Thorn"He said with a little bit more confident. Gempa's smile managed to melt his nervousness.

"Nice to meet you Thorn."

"Let me introduce myself again,"The same green alien said. "My name is Kokoci and I'm one of Tapops' commander." He stepped aside, letting another alien with blue hair and a face engraved in a serious frown to speak with the microphone.

"As you know my name is Laksamana Tarung, a commander and your past combat teacher. From now on I am only your commander,"His gaze traveled across the see of people. "You're now a member of Tapops with rank cadet. It's up to you whether you will climb a rank higher or not, or whether you will be sent back to the acedemy."

Whisper exploded amongst the crowd, gasping and silent protest seeming to be the most reaction.

"Just because you managed to be a member doesn't mean that your place here is secured,"His firm voice and cold stare finally shut the whispers down. "I suggest you do your best and follow our rules. Rulebreakers will be punished while low work results will be sent back for improvements. Any question?"

No one dared say a word.

"Good. Then I now welcome you to Tapops."He finished and stepped aside.

Gempa gulped, a familiar weight returning back to him. "I have to give it my all! I can't return back now.. not after I've come this far!"His eyes burned with determination despite the insecurity that made him nervous. "I can do it!"

---------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed ^^