5-1: IN THE WAKE OF POSEIDON

Start from the beginning

Obanai sighed as he raised his Screwdriver Railcannon. "Alright, here we go again."

He took a deep breath before running through the hallway, water filling his senses as he entered a room containing two two-tiered towers and a third, lower platform in the middle. Two Soldiers spawned on the middle platform, while two Strays, a Virtue, and a Malicious Face spawned on the opposite tower. Obanai fired a drill at the Malicious Face, constantly damaging it. As for his next course of action, well, he didn't really think this far...

Obanai tried his best to dodge the projectiles shot at him by the Strays and Soldiers, until eventually the Virtue's spell circle appeared under him. He swam above the Soldiers until the spell circle stopped moving, firing a beam of light that Obanai propelled himself backward from, evaporating the Soldiers in the process. He did the same with the Strays, and eventually the Virtue itself. As the angel was destroyed, several more enemies spawned on a tower behind Obanai, every enemy being the same enemy that Obanai just killed. He quickly swam back to the hallway to get some fresh air.

"Hah.. hah.. someone else has to finish.. the rest of them..", Obanai panted, to which Rengoku enthusiastically volunteered and took a deep breath as he went through the hallway. He got out his Core Eject and fired an explosive round at the Virtue, shattering it instantly. Using his remaining breath, he readied a Breathing Technique.

"Flame Breathing, Fifth Form: Flame Tiger!"

Rengoku unleashed a series of slashes that cut apart the Soldiers and the Strays, while heavily damaging the Malicious Face. It charged up a laser, which Rengoku deflected back at the Maurice, resourcefully taking it down. With that, the Blue Skull was free for the taking, which Rengoku snatched from its stand and swam back to the hallway.

"Nice work, both of you!", said Tengen, patting Obanai and Rengoku on the back. "Now, just two more to go.."

As they went back to the main cave area, Rengoku placed the skull down on top of the pedestal, causing one of the bars on the locked door to disappear. With that, Giyu went to the rightmost door, leading to yet another hallway with no water. This then led to a smaller room, where the two Cerberi statues on the sides awakened, and a Malicious Face spawned in the middle. Giyu ran below the Malicious Face, preparing his blade.

"Water Breathing, Sixth Form: Whirlpool."

He twisted his body, creating a sharp whirling effect that rapidly sliced apart the Malicious Face above him. As one of the Cerberi walked towards Giyu, the Malicious Face fell onto it, crushing it and turning it into rubble. As Giyu slowly descended to the ground, he was hit in the chest by the second Cerberi's orb, causing him to slam into a nearby wall.

"Shit, that's not good!", exclaimed Sanemi as he ran into the room to assist Giyu. He took out his Overheat Nailgun and fired a storm of nails at the +ENRAGED Cerberus, causing the greater demon to turn its attention toward Sanemi, where the latter used the remainder of his breath to unleash an attack.

"Wind Breathing, Second Form: Claws-Purifying Wind!"

Sanemi created three arced slashes that went down, decapitating the Cerberus as it crumbled into pieces. The cage surrounding the blue skull in the middle opened, which Sanemi grabbed and went over to Giyu to carry him to the hallway.

"..Are you okay, Giyu?", Mitsuri asked worriedly as she checked his injuries.

"..I'm fine.", responded Giyu, as they went to the main cave area once more for Sanemi to put his blue skull on top of the middle pedestal, causing more bars to disappear from the locked door.

"I'll handle the last one!", Tengen said proudly as he swam his way to the middle door, leading to a hallway, and then a large cavern-like area that, surprisingly, wasn't filled with water.