MY HOME

A/N - Thank you everyone for waiting patiently. Finally come to the last part of this story. Enjoy reading.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

"Maa sahab, can I talk to you?" Murtasim asked as he entered his mother's room.

Maa begum looked at him and gestured him to continue. She was sitting in her chair sipping her tea after breakfast. 

Breakfast, as usual was a chaotic affair with Murtasim casually announcing to his mother that Meerab would be accompanying him to the village. Maa begum tried to dismiss the idea but he was firm in his decision and didn't give anyone a chance to oppose.

When Haya tried to convince maa begum that she would be going too, Murtasim instantly rejected the idea.

However, Maryam couldn't resist herself from making a sarcastic remark. "Haya, tum kabab meim haddi kyun ban'na chahti to? Unko akele waqt guzarne do."

Meerab was quiet the whole time as she thought it would be best for her not to say anything. She was hoping a strong rejection from maa begum but was surprised when she agreed to Murtasim's words the second time he said it. But she was fuming hearing Haya's words. How dare she poke her nose in between? She was practically stopping herself from laughing out loud hearing Maryam's remarks. Maryam in whom she found a sister, was the sweetest person in this mansion.

After breakfast Meerab got busy with the women who had come to their Khani for their problems and Murtasim went to his mother to talk about yesterday. 

So now he was in her mother's room. Well she wasn't alone. Haya was trying to impress her as usual.

"I wanted to talk to you about Meerab." Murtasim began.

"Kya hua, phir se apni biwi ki shifarish karne aa gaye?" Maa begum asked sarcastically.

"Batata hun. Pehle Haya ko bahir jane ke liye kahiye." He declared firmly.

"Kyun, main kyun jaun? Maa begum, main kahin nahi jaa rahi hun." Haya said desperately.

"Trust me, Maa begum, you wouldn't want Haya to hear what I am about to say to you. It's better she leaves the room."

Maa begum signaled Haya to leave the room and she left with a huff but halted hearing Murtasim's voice.

"Send Maryam in."

After some time Maryam came in.

"Ji Bhai, aapne bulaya?" Maryam asked.

"Keep an eye on Haya that she doesn't eavesdrop".

As soon as Murtasim finished Maryam chuckled at how well everyone knew Haya and her behaviours. She nodded and stood outside so that Haya could no longer be able to hear anything by any chance.

"Ab batao, aisi kya baat hai jo aise raazdari se batana zaroori tha?" Maa begum was visibly angry.

"I want to talk to you about yesterday. The things you had said to Meerab were..." he was interrupted by Maa begum.

"Apni biwi ki waqalat karne aaye ho?"

"Nahi, aapko sach se waqif karane aaya hun."

"Kaisa sach? Murtasim, paheliyaan mat bujhao aur saaf saaf baat karo.

He sighed. "Maa sahab", he held her hand in a comforting manner and continued, "Why do you think that Meerab doesn't care for me? Why do you think that meri shaadi kisi aur se honi chahiye thi?"

"Kyun ki ek biwi hone ke saare farayez wo pura nahi karti". She said disappointedly.

"No, you are wrong like you were yesterday. Maa sahab, Meerab is doing everything that she is supposed to do as a Khani and as my wife". He tried to make his mother understand.