Chapter 02: Oakwood Tavern

Napabalikwas ako ng bangon habang nakahawak sa dibdib hinihingal, pinagpapawisan at lumuluha ang mga mata. Fucking lavenders. I closed my eyes shut for a bit while gently breathing in and out, trying to relax the tense in my muscles.

After a minute or two of de-stressing, I finally opened my eyes roaming it around while observing every corner of my surroundings. My forehead creased in confusion.

I pinched myself to ensure that this wasn't another dream. The sudden pain I felt concludes that I wasn't daydreaming at all. Napagtanto kong nasa isang kwarto ako. However, this isn't my room though. In fact, I don't remember having a room like this.

The atmosphere in the air was cozy and warm unlike I've felt before. It was clean and bright, even the wooden floor was bedazzling and clear. The furnitures looked oldfangled yet they were pristine and soothing. Even the curtains from the windows were well-groomed as the breeze whispered unto it.

There were bookshelves displaying books and paintings that looked antediluvian as antiques were displayed on top of the cabinets made out of lumber. The circular-looking carpet made it look refined and graceful because of its pigment and highlight.

The bed feels even better because of its softness and comfort. Bumalik ako sa paghiga at dinama ang lambot nito, hindi pa ako nakakaranas na humiga sa ganitong klaseng higaan na walang kasing lambot. Yet, realization immediately struck me as fast as a lightning bolt.

Paano ako nakapunta dito?

Before I could even remember, the sound of the doorknob being wrung gestured that someone went inside the room causing my eyes to directly shift its direction towards the door.

A tall bulky man entered the room which I think he was in his late thirties. He had a beard that were as thick as his brown wavy hair. He was wearing a brown polo that its sleeves were rolled up to his massive and hairy arms. He was holding a tray filled with platters of food and a big mug that was smoking a bit, probably because of its temperature. When our eyes met he was surprise to see me like he was waiting for me to wake up.

"Glad to see that you're already awake..." He said it in a low baritone voice. He had an accent.

Nang humakbang siya papalapit ay marahan akong bumangon at umatras nang kaunti. He stopped when he saw me did that yet continued until he was already in the bed, sitting on the edge as he layed down the tray on top of the blanket. Nakatitig lamang ako sa kaniya habang inaayos niya ang plato at kutsara sa harapan ko.

Nang makita ko ang pagkaing inilahad niya ay hindi ko maiwasang magutom sa nakita na para bang ilang segundo nalang ay tutulo na ang aking laway.

The food looked deliciously delightsome, the scent of the chicken and garlic made my stomach grumble in starvation. But the smell that came from the mug was a bit strange because its texture was a bit of a darkish green.

Hindi ako kailanman nagtitiwala sa mga taong hindi ko kilala, lalo na sa mga taong tulad niya. People like him treats low-class people like pests. I've seen it. Nakakasalamuha ko na ang mga taong katulad niya.

They were much more worst than thieves. Thieves only steal money and material things, but people similar to him can manipulate, threaten and trick other people in to earning their trust leading to betrayal. And this, is one of their hoax.

"Please eat, I know you're starving to death. Tatlong araw ka nang hindi nagigising." I was shock when I heared that.

Ano? Tatlong araw?! Ang tagal naman?! Ano ba ang nangyare at bakit ganun ako katagal natulog?