"I think she's well enough."

"Well enough? What the fuck does that mean? Be more specific!"

Shun immediately sat up straighter and reported everything that he had observed while shadowing Long Jinjing. Lu Zihao listened with rapt attention, interrupting his subordinate now and then to clarify some of the tiniest details.

"So you're saying that she lost weight?"

"Yes, Boss."

"How can she allow herself to lose weight when she's already so thin?"

Shun didn't answer. Lu Zihao didn't care because he wasn't expecting an answer, anyway. He glanced at the condo building with an angry expression. Beneath the anger was deep worry. The urge to barge into the woman's place and feed her some food filled him, but like before, he tamped the thought down.

"Dammit."

All he could do was curse at the situation. They already broke up. In addition, Long Jinjing made him promise to stay away from her as much as possible. Her reason was that it would only hurt her more if she frequently saw him after their breakup. Since she looked so pitiful with tears flowing down her face when she told him this, he couldn't bear to deny her request even though he was honestly against it.

He could deal with her shyness. He could even deal with her anger. But when she cried in front of him, he felt completely helpless and unable to do anything.

This was especially the case during the last three days leading up to their breakup. She might have shed all her inhibitions and went wild while they were having sex, but afterwards, she would break down and sob in his arms.

This was why he had been unable to make himself manipulate Long Jinjing into extending their 30-day relationship by seducing her out of her wits. Those tears of hers had unarmed him, causing him to give her what she wanted—to break up with him.

Shun interrupted his thoughts. "Boss Hao, I don't know if I should report this...."

"You know that I hate it when people dilly-dally when talking to me. Just speak!"

"Yes, Boss. Robin said something when the two of us were changing shifts earlier today. Oh, we arranged our own schedules. Robin's shift is during the day while I watch over Miss Jinjing at night."

Lu Zihao nodded, not really minding how they set up their respective schedules. All he cared about was for Long Jinjing to be well-protected 24/7. Yes, it was for protection. He, Nikolai, wasn't stalking—ehem ehem—"monitoring" her due to his self-interest. Not at all!

"Robin said that Miss Jinjing has been spending a lot of time with a guy at work recently," Shun said.

Lu Zihao's expression immediately turned dark.

Visit and read more novel to help us update chapter quickly. Thank you so much!

Chapter 1002 - Are You Lonely?

"Which motherfucker has been sniffing around Jinjing?" Lu Zihao growled.

Shun looked down to avoid his boss' murderous eyes, but overall still managed to remain calm despite the malevolent aura filling inside the car. After all, Shun was a specially-recruited member of Shadow Winds. Other than the paparazzo, all the members of Shadow Winds had top-notch skills in their respective fields of expertise. They could be considered elite of the elites, if not for their tainted histories. Under Lu Zihao's brutal but highly effective training regimen, they could only become stronger.

"Robin said that it's the German guy," Shun said.

"German?" Lu Zihao thought for a moment before an image of a white man flashed in his mind. "Alric Bauer? Orchidia Beauty's CPO?"