Purim With Batwoman

Start from the beginning

The booing stopped and the Rabbi continued his reading. Kate wished she had done better in Hebrew classes like her brother had so that she knew what was being said. She knew the general story but not the specifics.

"I love how into this you are" she whispered to her brother as she leaned her head on his shoulder.

(Y/n) put his arm around his sister's shoulder as she closed her eyes. He considered his possible responses carefully. "I'm glad you decided to come. Dad would be glad you did"

Kate just smiled at her brother's words as she listened to the Hebrew reading of the Rabbi. She was pulled from her relaxation a few minutes later when suddenly the kids all started making as much noise as possible while booing again.

—————————————————————

"Well hello there!" The next morning had come and the two had just gotten home from the second Megillah reading moments before they heard a knock on their door. Kate had quickly grabbed a gift bag before opening the door again. "You look awesome!"

The kid from down the hall giggled happily at the praise she got for her costume. She was dressed as a scarily realistic dragon. "I made you this!" She whispered as she held out a gift bag with a large smiley face on it.

"Why thank you!" Kate took the bag and looked inside. "Ooh booze. You're the best, kid" she gave her a quick wink which elicited another giggle from the girl. "And in return here's what (y/n) and I got you" she held out one of their own Mishloach Manot bags.

The girl quickly grabbed it and looked inside as (y/n) finally came to the door and noticed their visitor. "Cupcake!" The girl giggled happily as she jumped up and down.

"Here" (y/n) grabbed another cupcake from another Mishloach Manot bag and threw it to the girl. "Just don't tell your parents who's responsible for your sugar rush. Chag Sameach, Esther"

"Todah Rabba!" Esther thanked them in Hebrew and ran away before they could change their minds. "Chag Sameach!" She returned the holiday greeting with a yell as she ran back to her apartment.

"Her poor parents" Kate chuckled as she turned around to face her brother.

"Glad I'm not them" (y/n) agreed as he reached past Kate and closed the door.

—————————————————————

After a short walk and giving out most of their Mishloach Manot bags the siblings arrived at Wayne Manor.

Their cousin Bruce and his kids weren't Jewish but ever since the two sides of the family had gotten close Nightwing and Spoiler had insisted that they spend as many holidays as possible together.

"Welcome!" (Y/n) jumped and Kate laughed at him for his surprise as Cassandra Cain jumped out of a bush and landed on his shoulders.